Chapter 1

SLAM. Was the sound being heard through out the hall. It's the third week back from summer break and I'm still not quite into the routine. I start towards the Algebra 2 room, which was at the way end of the hall. When I bumped into something or someone. I start picking up everything I just spilt on the ground, as did the person I bumped into. "Sorry," the voice said, even though the tone sounded like he really wasn't.

We both stood up and I took the papers from him. Looking at his inked hand, I could instantly tell who it belong to. Niall Horan. He was known in these halls as ink boy, because of the sleeves of tattoos on his arms. I look up to see my guess was right. It was Niall. "It's okay," I reply quickly, and start down the hall.

The hall seemed to drag on forever, until I finally reached the classroom at the end of the hall. I quickly shuffle to my seat in the corner of the room. Everyone slowly entered and took there usual seats as the final bell rung.

"Okay class," the teacher, Mr. Fllyod, said as he passed out worksheets to everyone. "You can work with a partner on this.." he started but was cut off by the class cheering. "..Of my choosing of course." The class started making complaining noises.

None of my friends are in this class, so I don't care who I get paired up with as much as I don't paired up with a neanderthal who will make me do all the work. "Brinlee and Niall," he simply stated and carried on, assigning partners.

Niall? Niall Horan? Since when was he in this class? I turn around and there he was in the way back. I collected my stuff as I make my way over to him. Of course, I get a neanderthal for my partner.

I plop my stuff onto the seat next to him and sit down. Then the teacher announced, "Well, I hope you aren't too disappointed with the partners because each group will be like this for the rest of the semseter," he said. Oh how fabulous.

"Um do you need help?" I ask him as I turned to him. I glance at his paper to see he was done with all the problems. I looked at him. He had on a smirk plastered on his face.

"Nope. I'm done, so it looks like your on your own."

"How did you--"

"I did it while Mr.Flloyd was running his mouth," he stated while pulling out his ipod to listen to music.

I sigh. Great, I thought as I started on the review worksheet on Dimensional Analysis. I was doing good until around problem number 15. "You got that problem wrong," Niall said pointing to the problem on the paper.

"Oh um, alright," I said as I started to erase all the work I spent on it. I sat there brain dead. "Do you want me to help you?" he asked.

"Would you?"

"Yeah." he put his ipod away and started showing me what I did wrong. We finished all 20 questions right as the bell rang. Lucky us. I turn in my paper and head over to my next class.