"Lord Steven's, may I see you in my office?" the manager asked and Bryce turned to look at Grace who gave him a warm smile. He nodded and followed the little man.

Grace turned to move to the dining room and caught Brian watching her.

"You look very pleased with yourself," Grace said warily.

"My best friend is in love with a lovely woman that I heartily approve of and who also happens to be in love with him, why wouldn't I be happy?" Brian smiled.

Grace lost all color. "Is it that obvious? For me I mean?" She turned to look over her shoulder to make sure that Bryce couldn't hear. She had been trying to play it so cool.

"Yes."

"Well, you're crazy if you think Bryce is in love with me. He's made it clear from the start that he has no interest in a permanent relationship." Grace couldn't look at him.

Brian just shook his head. "I know my friend well, and he may not know it yet, but he is head over heels in love. I bet if you tell him how you feel and are patient he'll realize it."

Grace was at a loss for words. Hope swelled, could it possibly be true?

"Come on let's eat." He put his arm around her shoulders and led her into the dining room.

*******

The rest of the day was a blur. Grace and Cassie visited Mason on set and then went shopping, where Cassie was on a roll, she even had to buy another suitcase just to fit all of her purchases. That evening they all decided to travel out to the beach for dinner. They ate at a little restaurant right on the ocean that had a great atmosphere.

All of the waitresses, in their tight t-shirts and little shorts, flirted outrageously with the men and Cassie and Grace just watched the show.

Grace was telling Brian a story about a lifeguard she knew as a teenager and how he reminded her of him when Cassie interrupted.

"Oh Grace I was talking to Lizzy today..."

Grace noticed Brian flinch and almost visibly jerk at Cassie's comment. It was odd, maybe the sound of her voice startled him. She glanced over at Cassie her eyes catching Bryce along the way. He was watching Brian very closely.

There was a strained silence as Cassie's attention was diverted by something Mason was whispering in her ear.

"What did Lizzy have to say, Cassie?" Bryce asked, his eyes never leaving Brian. Brian's attention was focused on his beer.

"Oh...um...she wanted Grace to help again with the Fosters benefit."

"Tell her thank you, but no. Lizzy and I have never gotten along." Grace shook her head.

"Now that's not true, Grace. You're being overly sensitive," Cassie insisted.

"I have to agree with Cassie, Grace. Lizzy is just protective, but now that she knows you're not after her big brothers she likes you well enough." Mason popped a French fry in his mouth.

"I'll have her call you," Cassie said before she changed the subject.

After dinner they decided that a walk on the pier would be the perfect way to end the evening. They had reached the end of the pier and were watching the night fishermen trying to catch something. Eventually, something was caught and there was a burst of activity that Mason had to be in the middle of while photos were taken by Cassie.

Brian pulled Grace aside. "I have to leave tomorrow with Bryce. There's something that we need to handle in New York."

Grace smiled up at him. "No worries, I'll hang around another day and visit some of my old haunts. Lord knows there are plenty of them."