Loose

Trey
"You asked her out on a date yet?" I ask Tom while washing my hands at the sink.

My homie, Tom, stopped by a couple minutes ago to talk about Lacie. He's feeling her, but he doesn't know how to act upon them. He came to the right man. Trey is the Mack daddy.

"No, I haven't. We just danced and talked a bit,"

"You got her number?" I ask while leaning up against the car and facing him.

He blushes and shakes his head "no".

"What the hell man? That was your chance!," I exclaim.

"I know and I feel stupid!" He says punishing himself.

I sigh,"Well, go down to her store, but something and spark up a conversation."

He stutters something,"I-i-i don't know about that."

I open my mouth to speak, but the sound of footsteps coming up the way stop me. First I see a hand, then a figure. This can't be real. I keep my cool.

"Hey, Paul," Jeremiah greets with a smile.

Tom looks at me, waiting for me to introduce me to him. I don't bother.

"I'll talk to you later, Tom. Go down and talk to her," i command while practically shoving his body out of my shop.

Turning around, I immediately lunge for this nxgga's neck and have him up against the car hood.

"How the fxck did you find me, nxgga?!" I hiss while slowly making my grip tighter,"I swear I'll kill you,"

He fights to breath and tries to pull my arm from his neck. If I squeeze tighter, he'd be dead. I loosen my grip a tiny bit.

"He knows," he says.

"What the hell you talking about?!"

Liberty bursts into the garage with Judiah in her arms. She looks bewildered and shook. Jeremiah turns his head to take a peek at her and smirks. I release his neck and punch him in his face. Not today.

He falls to the ground holding his face. I hate how he's not fighting back.

"Why the fxck are you here?" I ask holding his head so he looks at me.

"To warn y'all,"Blood trickles down the sound of his mouth," He's coming and he means to kill you,"

My blood turns cold and I look up at Liberty. I bend down and get in his face.

"Why should I believe your sneaky ass?"

He looks straight into my eyes,"Because what else do you have to believe?"

I stand up straight,"Get up, nxgga."

Liberty is still by the door gripping Judiah. I signal for her to stay there. Jeremiah slowly gets up and dusts himself off.

"You done punching me?" He asks.

"I'll kick your ass if you do anything off," I say seriously.

I gulp. What am I going to do? Am I really gonna believe this dude? Put our lives in his hands? Liberty comes closer and stands behind me.

"Trey, what are we gonna do?" She asks.

I'm shaking as I try to think. We're never safe.

"Call our agent so we can leave." I say while staring at Jeremiah.

Liberty
Jeremiah stares at me as Trey calls the protection services. I feel so uncomfortable. Like I want to vomit. Jeremiah is careful to keep his mouth shut but his eyes read everything.

I know he isn't lying about this. Trey gets off the phone and turns to us.

"They'll be here in five minutes. In the meantime, we need an explanation from you," Trey demands.

He looks ready to pound Jeremiah at any moment. Jeremiah opens his mouth to begin his story, but is interrupted by a sudden dreadful sound that sounds all too familiar.

He's dead and I'm screaming. His blood is splattered everywhere.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's Note
L of the day.