Chapter 9: Lover's Downfall

Start from the beginning

...dinaya kita sa VP race with the help of Liberal Party....

Despite that the voice recording was real, it was trimmed causing it to sound really bad and crucial when it was actually uttered as a joke. She tried to think positively about him thinking that he could be clueless of this outbreak news even if it seemed impossible. Following the sudden news, the speaker of the Marcos' team had himself interviewed.

"Ito pong audio recording na ito ay galing mismo kay senator Bongbong..."

It shattered Leni right into her chest upon hearing about it. Tears started to drench her cheeks as she continued listening to the news that slowly destroyed her integrity and image not just as a politician but as a person.

"... And right away niya po itong ipinaalam saaming team and napgpasyahan po namin na i-out ito sa media sapagkat gusto naming maging aware ang sambayanan sa kaganapang ito..."

"So ano na po ba yung status nila senator Marcos and VP Leni Robredo ngayon?"

"Ah, they're no longer communicating. They're no longer together. Bongbong decided to cut off whatever they have since he discovered about her cheating. Sino ba namang gugustuhin na maging close sa partidong nandaya 'di ba?" The speaker continued speaking for their party, however, Bongbong was absolutely unaware that they would pursue the plan after he told them to not continue anymore as he knew his relationship with Leni is going serious as he expected and he wanted to keep her, he wasn't also informed that the narration shared by their speaker to the media would go that way like as if he shut her down and left her hanging when he discovered about the cheating.

It was all wrong, all the news that came out; came out by surprise but then while both of them were clueless of the real story behind he sudden outbreak, it already broke Leni into pieces with the thought that the man she loved only used her, deceived her to be able to get a strong ace against her. Nothing was real, he never loved her back, it was all part of his plan and it breaks her, it breaks her a lot.

It was kinda late when Bongbong woke up as he stayed a bit late that night playing the Beatles' Love Me Do on his piano as the song has been very special to them; jamming and singing together at the car with that song playing. After a couple of minutes, he took his breakfast and finally decided to check on his phone to call Leni as he seemed to miss her voice already but just right after he opened his phone, he saw the stack of unread messages.

He wondered and opened them one by one only realizing that most of it asks him to watch the news. He rushed to the living room and opened the television, upon hearing the reports, he felt aggravated with his team for breaking out the news and speaking out for him without his permission and approval. He also felt badly confused of how they were able to get that recording but then he suddenly recalled the auto recording device that Ralph installed on his phone. He panicked and worried about Leni, it also frightened him that it may come out wrong to her considering how his speaker talked for his side.

He didn't shut her off, he wasn't the one who gave the recording, everything was fabricated.

He immediately rushed to Leni's house to talk to her and explain things but she didn't appear to be very welcoming anymore. Her younger sister, Lourdes went out to tell him to just leave as Leni didn't want to talk to him.

"Anong ginagawa mo dito?" Lourdes sounded displeased seeing him. "Please, gusto ko lang makausap si Leni. Please." He begged. "Ayaw ka niyang makausap. Vulnerable si ate ngayon kaya mabuti pa umuwi ka na at wag ka nang manggulo." She suggested and turned around. "Gusto ko lang makausap si Leni, please!" He tried to stop him despite that their closed gate hindered him from coming closer. He peeked at the top of the gate.