Chapter 1

Have you ever had that feeling when you look at someone your hearts beats so fast you feel like you're about it explode? That's how I feel when I look at Nick Rodgers. Nick is the cutest guy in my school. He has perfect short, brown, luscious hair with sharp hazel eyes. He's very tall and slim with a small muscle build but enough the break your jaw if he punches you. Nick is captain of the football team, hockey team and the swim team. He is the perfect guy for me and he's all mine.

My name is Brooke Carter. I'm not that popular but people know who I am. I'm captain of volleyball team and I'm apart of the drama club. I have been dating Nick for one year now. We are both seniors and we are ready to run the school together. Today is the first day of school and our one year anniversary.

I enter the building and start searching for Nick. I have the perfect gift for him and I can't wait to see his face when he opens it. As I'm walking to his locker someone runs up behind me, grabs me by the waist and spins me around.

"Happy anniversary!"

"Nick put me down!" He put me down slowly but didn't let go, "God you scared. Don't do that again."

"OK, now close your eyes and hold out your hands." So I did as he told me and he put a small box in my hands. "Alright you can open your eyes."

It was a small blue box with gold writing that read Kay's Jewelry. I opened the box and there was a silver necklace with a heart gem on it. "Oh Nick, I love it. It's beautiful! My gift for you isn't as good though."

I handed him a small envelope and he look at me with confidence that anything was good. "Aw no way! Two seats in the first row to the Bruins! And their at the face off mark! Awesome!" He grabbed me again and kissed me. "Have I told you I love you?"

"A few times." I gave him the necklace and he put it around my neck.

"Well good because it's true." We stared walking to our first period class. He wrapped his arms around me and told me about a surprise."So what do you think about you and me tonight, by Charles Lake having a candle light dinner."

"It sounds wonderful but can I take a rain check? I have rehearsal all night tonight."

"Alright I'll try to survive the night with out you."

"I'm sorry lets shoot for...Saturday?"

"No I can't I have practice."

"Oh ok. This is my class."

"OK I'll text you later with a day." He leaned foward and kissed me on the head. I watched him walk away before I went into class.