Dark Witch

Diana POV

I hear talking and slowly open my eyes. Two guys are standing in front of me. My vision is a little blurry but I can make out one voice. Its Ian. I always knew he didn't like us. My vision becomes clear and I look at the other guy. He's older and I don't think I've seen him round here before. I try moving but I'm chained to a chair. I turn my head to the right to see Faye. I look to my left to see Adam. "Adam?" I whisper/yell trying to wake him. "Oh, I see Diana has woken up. Now we can get started." I hear the older guy say.

I turn to face him and see him smiling. "Do you know what these are?" Ian asks me pointing to small jars with twigs, leaves, and dirt in it. "Your science project?" I ask sarcastically trying to buy time and figure out how to get out of here. Ian's smile disappears and the other guy backhands my face. I look back to him and start chanting, "Heat of the sun, Burn like fire." "Ha-ha. Silly girl, you are surrounded with ash salt. Your little tricks wont help you now." Ian says. "Now, this is more than just dirt. Each of these glass jugs have something personal from each of you." He says with a huge grin. "And since your circle is broken, That makes this much easier." He says and I am confused. How is the circle broken?

"The only thing missing is the Dark One." The older guy says. By now everyone is conscious and as confused as I am. "What the hell do you mean by the 'Dark One'?" Faye yells and the older guy stands in front of her. Ian and the older guy look at each other. The older guy grabs a jar and lights a match. "Eben no, We need to know first." Ian yells at the other guy, Eben I guess his name is. "I will ask you one, more, time. Where is the Dark Witch?" Eben yells. Then I hear wood slam against wood and someone says "I'm right here."

I turn around to see a familiar blond standing in the doorway. "Cassie?" We all whisper in confusion and shock. She looks me in the eyes, then looks back at Eben. "Burning star, Blood red eye." Cassie chants and Eben starts screaming. Ian sneaks behind Cassie and pushes her into the circle of ash salt. "No!" we all yell thinking we were defeated. Cassie looks down at ash salt and looks at me then at my chains and lock. "Lock, unlock." She says and my lock opens. I stare in amazement and she throws me a key to help the others. I see Ian and Eben running for the door. Cassie does the same and chants, "From air to fire, water to stone. Join together and burn to the bone."  and the doorway is blocked by a wall of fire. Ian got through but Eben wasn't so lucky.

I finish unlocking everyone's chains and look towards Cassie. She is breathing heavily just staring at Ebens eyes. The next thing I see is blood poring from his eyes, nose, and mouth. Then he was on the ground lifeless. Cassie is still breathing heavy and has her eyes closed. I walk up behind her. "No, get away from me!" she yells. " I just shake my head and put my hand on her back. Cassie screams and I go flying, smashing against the wall. "Diana!" Adam yells. "I'm ok." I say slowly standing up. I look over to Cassie and she falls to the ground unconscious. I walk back to her side and look to the others. "We need to her her out of here." I say and we all look at the door, "No air for fire."  We chant and the fire dulls until there is none left. That spell was strong and wasn't easy to break. We carry Cassie to the abandoned house and wait for her to wake up.