Another paranormal Romance

CHAPTER 1

Author's note:

This isn't actually about me. This is my second book but I haven't finished the other one. Hope you like this! Han xx

---------------------------------------------

Hi, I'm Tara Banks, I'm gonna cut straight to the point. My mum died when I was 15 in a car accident. (I'm now 17), I self harm, I play piano and I can read people's minds. I just thought I'd get all that out in the open before I write this diary about me.

At the moment I'm typing all of this into my laptop whilst sitting on a hotel bed in the city of Melbourne. Me, Mick (my brother) and Dad are in this hotel just overnight before we move into our new apartment, also in Melbourne.

I'll talk about my day from the beginning, from when we got off the bus from our old home. We were walking up towards our hotel and I was popping in and out of a few shops on the way, as I usually do. A group of teens, 2 boys and 2 girls, about my age passed me. I noticed that the girls were really pretty, but they were wearing lots of makeup and slutty clothing. I never dress like that, I don't wear much makeup and my clothes are always baggy and boring. One of the guys was checking me out, it was uncomfortable. I realized if I was going to fit in at this town I was going to have to change my style, I can't be the county girl anymore.

When we got to our hotel we checked in and chucked our bags in our room. After About an hour of watching the Simpsons on fox we went out again. I decided I just wanted to go to a few closes stores nearby whilst Mick and Dad went to the movies.

"Take your phone with you, don't talk to any strangers and stay out of trouble. We'll meet you back here at 5:00." Dad said with a worried looking his face. Although he did look happy for me to be exploring the city on my own, you know, independence and all.

"Bye guys." I walked down the smoke filled street to the traffic lights. I crossed the road and noticed a music shop, my face lit up and I hurried inside. Inside was a great selection of guitars, violins, trumpets, pianos and sheet music. I went to the sheet music and started browsing, all the people who worked here looked kind of gothic. 'Punk rockers' dad would say. I walked over to the next pile of music books and noticed a cute guy, wearing jeans and a blue hoodie, he was with his parents and younger brother. He was interested in the pianos might I add. I was really shy when it came to boys so I kept browsing.

I found a book on Beethoven, I walked over to the register and paid for my new book. I started walking out of the store and heard someone playing the piano, really well! I turned around, it was the cute guy I had seen earlier. He caught me looking and smiled, oh it was such a cute smile and of course there were dimples! I smiled back and continued walking out of the store, regretting I didn't say hi.

I was walking through the crowd and I heard yelling from behind. I turned around, it was the cutie from the music shop. He came up to me with that amazing smile and asked, "Hey I'm Kayde, have we met before?"

"No, I don't think so, I'm Tara."

"Oh, sorry then."

I wasn't sorry gosh! I'm glad he came running, like my knight in shining denim! I smiled and I could feel my cheeks turning hot, oh no, I was blushing. He noticed and smiled bigger. We must have been standing in the middle of the sidewalk for a good 2 minutes now!

"Your really good at guitar by the way." Oh that was stupid Tara!

"Thanks, I'm in the band at my school, Greenhill grammar."

"Really?! I just moved here from the country and I start at that school tomorrow!"

"Let's meet tomorrow and Ill show you around." He said, with a cheeky grin.

"Great, thanks. I'm so glad Ill know someone."

Now we had been standing outside for like 10 minutes when his brother came out.

"Kayde! Mum said we have to......oh hi!" Kayde's brother said.

" Hi, I'm Tara."

"I'm Ben, are you Kayde's girlfriend?" I could see the interest in his eyes.

"Come here you little rat!" Kayde said and picked his brother up, swinging him over his shoulder. He ran towards the music store with Ben still on his shoulder giggling.

"See you tomorrow Tara!" He shouted from up the street.

"Bye!" I shouted back