Chapter 6: New Places

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
"I still fall for you everyday"
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Scarlett

I check my watch and its 1:00 p.m. in Caliborne. The skies are this light blue and it's a beautiful contrast between the sunlight. Today is going to be great! I hope any way. I always have that doubt that some thing would go wrong.

I'm meeting up with my best friend, Victoria, at this cute little cupcake shop that we love. We met at the heart of the city one day. I was coming to find my mom, because we were gonna get dinner there. I accidentally spilled my coffee on her, and she accidentally spilled her coffee on me too. We were both soaked and we started talking, and where we bumped into each other there was a boutique that we liked so we went in. We got a change of clothes and we became friends over spilled coffee. Since then we have video chatted and have basically every social media app there is to keep in touch. Although recently we haven't because of the ceremony and everything else. I wish we didn't get out of touch for three weeks.

I decide that I'm gonna get there early and hail a cab. The city buildings range of height from small to tall, and have the most original and beautiful designs. The way the light reflects off the shiny windows. Oh I just love this place, even though there isn't much concrete.

The cab driver reaches my destination and I hand him the money and thank him for the ride. Strolling in, I spot Victoria coming early too. At the sight of her I start towards her, and then it turns into a short jog, and then I pick up the pace into a run. I haven't seen this girl in a year and we are like sisters. She does the same thing until we reach each other. I hug her and I squeeze her as tight as I can.

"Scarlett!!!" Wales Victoria.

"Victoria!!!" I yell.

"I've missed you so much! I didn't plan on running through the streets into your arms, but it's been forever since I've seen you. People probably think we are crazy or something"

"I know. I feel the same way! I was gonna come early,  but I guess we both thought the same. It has literally been forever since we have seen each other.  Oh my gosh can you believe about these necklaces we got at the ceremony?! And aren't you totally fascinated with it?! Because I am. Like I wanna find this guy, but I wanna find myself along the way you know," I confide.

"Yeah me too. I'm with you one hundred percent. Like how does this actually work? I know we got pamphlets and stuff, but does it really explain everything? I feel like it was just put together over night."

"Well let's go inside and talk about this over some sugary cupcakes!! I suggest red velvet!!"

"My favorite!!"

We stride towards the shop gossiping about this new tradition, and go inside. After the incredibly long line we get our fresh red velvet cupcakes, and find a small booth next to the window to chat.

"Okay so girl I love your outfit so so much?! Where did you get it?" Victoria obsesses.

"Thanks Tori!! The mall in Sacroway obviously." I laugh.

"Well how have you went through life without me the past three weeks? Because I barely made it out alive without chatting with you."

"Obviously me too. I needed you to help me with shopping and stuff. Also, I still don't know what to do about my dad. I feel like I'm never gonna know."

"Scarlett one day you are just gonna wake up and you're gonna know what you wanna do. If it's something that you're not sure of call me and see what I think. I'm pretty good at deciding things unlike yourself."

"I know, I know. Thanks for the advice Victoria. So how have you been dealing with your grandma's disease? Has she gotten any better?"

"She hasn't, in fact she died a few days before the ceremony and we had to have it the day before. I really miss her. She was my inspiration to make music and to sing, but now she's gone. I'm still struggling, but I'm dealing."

At the sound of her words I start to cry in the shop. Then she starts to cry too.

"I'm so sorry about your grandma I'm sure she spent a wonderful life. Victoria you are an amazing singer and musician. You will be okay even though your grandmother won't be here in person. And hey if you need inspiration here I am." And I do a silly face while my tears and mascara run. Oh what joy. She laughs at the sight of me somewhat trying to make her happy and I've succeeded.

"Oh my gosh you should see your face," she says and begins to laugh so hard she cries more.

After our hormonal ways we catch up and decide to go shopping, because who doesn't like to shop when they have no idea what to do with their lives? But before we leave we fix ourselves up and put the makeup on like it's supposed to be.

"Okay where do we go?" I ask as we step out of the shop.

"Um when we hail a cab lets just ask him or her and see if he or she knows where the nearest mall is at."

"Okay sounds like a plan," we get in the cab and ask for directions. Luckily it's only three minutes away and the drive won't be long. All this moving isn't helping with my jet lag, but I'll be fine. He drops us off at the mall and I can't believe that this mall is so huge. I've never seen one like it.

"Omg Scarlett this is so huge!! I can't wait to shop!!!" She exclaims.

"I know lets go in!!" I say excitedly.

At the sound of our excitement we head into the fabulous mall and go to all our favorite stores. When we get out of that amazing place we both have so many bags that each of us can barely hold them. I guess we weren't thinking just buying. We head back to my hotel to crash and we decided that Victoria is gonna stay with me the whole time I'm here. So exciting!! Even though she lost her luggage at the airport. Luckily nothing important was in there. She had a small/ big bag with her. That held her keys, money, purse, charger, necklace, a small change of clothes, and girly stuff were in there. She is always so prepared, for anything really. Tomorrow is gonna be a blast, because I get to spend it with my best friend.