Give It A Try (2)

Start from the beginning

Dawn checks her watch - 9:30 PM but still, no signs of him. She checks her phone and tries to call him but he isn't answering. She accidentaly opens her camera roll and sees their photos. She smiles while looking at those, feeling a bit kilig.

Is having sex, part of this game? What about the kilig she feels everytime he does something sweet, is it still a part of this "prentending" game? Or they're not? because these might belong to something else. In falling in love, perhaps?

"No, hindi pwede. Bestfriend lang. You are just doing this for him, okay? After ng event, wala na. Okay? okay?!" She tells herself.

Her thoughts got interrupted when her phone beeps.

Gomez:
in a resto tonight, medyo mamaya pa yata to matatapos. don't worry pinasundo na kita sa driver ko. tama na work, pahinga na. :-)

She smiles upon reading his text. If only they aren't great friends, she would have dated this man, agad-agad!

---

This morning, they didn't come together. Dawn arrives earlier and Richard hasn't come yet. She finishes as many papers as she can for this morning and decides to rest for awhile.

She calls her secretary to ask her the events she needs to attend this week. "Bukas po, free - no events. On Friday naman po, Richard's event po ang pinalagay niyo po dito sa akin."

Dawn nods and waits for her to go out. She sits and calls him. "Hello? I'll go to your office. Okay. Bye." She goes out and heads to his office.

"Ano na? Wednesday na, anong plano for Friday?" She puts her hands on his table and stares at him.

"You will just pretend as my fiancée, 'yun lang." Pretend, Dawn, pretend. She tells herself.

"I know, what will I wear?"

"Kahit ano, everything looks good on you naman, eh." Her cheeks are kinda blushing.

"Fiancée? Sige, I'll find a ring nalang sa jewelry box ko! I have to go na!" and she leaves.

After spending so much time with tons of works and papers, Richard decides to go to the mall alone to have some "me" time. He buys clothes for himself, walks around the mall but stops when he passed by a jewelry shop.

He thinks that if he's going to introduce her as his soon-to-be wife, why don't he buy a ring for her, instead of using her old ring. So he enters the shop and looks for a ring that suits her.

He chooses the one with a diamond at the center, simple yet so elegant -just like her.

Meanwhile, Dawn goes home earlier than the usual because no meetings are set tonight. Also, she wants to spend time on her room to sleep and tries to remember everything that had happened last, last night until she falls on sleep and her thoughts became her dreams.

---

Richard goes back to the office so he can drive her home but her secretary tells him that she already got home.

He drives back to her house and finds her maid going down from the stairs. "Manang? Kailan pa po kayo nakabalik?"

"Hijo! Kanina lang. Ayun, tulog ang kaibigan mo. Gisingin ko nalang daw pag kakain na." She points her room and taps his shoulder.

"Huwag na po kayo magluto, meron na po dito." The maid nods and goes to the kitchen.

"Ikaw na bahala, ha?" He smiles and heads to her room. He tries to knock but it seems like she's still asleep so he enters inside.