"That she will," Shanice smiled.

-

Five short minutes later I was in a back room sitting at a small wooden table looking around the room. It was a burgundy and had incents burning and weird types of pictures and décor all over the room. This was some voodoo, Louisiana type shit. It wasn't long before an older women came in and addressed herself as Ms. Rue. She was dressed in a multi patterned dress and had a shawl thrown over her shoulders.

"Hello," she greeted me and from her accent I knew that I was spot on about the Louisiana thing.

"Hi, I'm Kashmere."

She smiled at me and then sat in the chair across from me and wasted no time picking up my left hand and turning it over looking over my palm. She stared at it intently before speaking.

"The heart line," she explained, "Your selfless when it comes to love. Put your partner before yourself and I'm guessing that's led to emotional trauma. You've been hurt or let down."

It wasn't a question and instead of waiting on a reply or even looking up at me she continued studying my palm.

"Your creative but I know that. You dance correct," she finally looked up at me.

"Yes."

"I already knew that bit from Judy," she informed me and looked back down at my palm and paused, "Vitality, your full of energy and tough. Strong yet cautious. You have a problem with opening up with people. Trusting people."

I nodded, everything so far I couldn't disagree with. She looked over my hand flipped it over a couple of times, "Creative, perceptive. You can be emotional, often moody. Your social when you have to be but you prefer to stay in then go out."

I nodded my head again not having a problem with anything she said but I was a bit thrown off at how right she was about everything. It was like she read me like a book. She let go of my hand and then grabbed a stack of cards in the corner of the table and held them out to me.

"Shuffle."

I hesitantly grabbed the deck of cards from her hands and began to shuffle them. They were large cards so it was kind of hard but I managed.

"Now think of a question, any question but don't say it aloud just think and the cards will answer."

I thought about it an of course I thought of my love life, or my lack of as of late.

"Do you have a question in mind?"

I nodded.

"Now cut the cards."

I thought about my question and did as she asked sitting the deck of cards down on the table. She took them over to her and started to arrange them out on the table. She then asked me to choose a card from each position that she spread out and I did.

First one I picked was a person tied up and blindfolded surrounded by swords. I sat it down in front of me and she nodded.

"Past. Eight of Swords...you recently felt trapped and alone. Something or someone was keeping you down, keeping you from moving or so you thought. Look at the card."

I looked down at it, it was kind of creepy, shit all of this was suddenly starting to creep me out.

"The women is tied up, blindfolded but her feet are not. Neither are the swords blocking her path. You were free to go all along but you gave your oppressor to much power. You gave away your power."