Summer was at Bev's parents house and was helping her decorate the last few things around the house, like hanging up some fairy-tinsel, lighting some candles and filling up the candy bowls with sweet treats they had baked earlier. Bev's mother was in the kitchen preparing the food, while her father was sitting in the living room in front of the fire, reading his newspaper while the yule-music sang from the turntable.

Everything was so Christmassy in their home. Bev's younger cousins were running around, tripped on sugar, playing with some toys they had brought from home. Her other relatives—her aunts, uncles, second cousins and so on—were all gathered in the living room as well, talking and jesting around, catching up and talking about the weather.

"The snow is really coming down now, isn't it?" Bev voiced to Summer as they were setting the dining table. It was almost time to eat and Jack hadn't showed up yet. Summer wasn't worried, though. She knew he wouldn't miss it.

"Yeah," She agreed and smiled a little to herself as she glanced out of the window and admired the thick, heavy snowfall. "It really is."

"Hey... are you smiling while we're talking about the snow?" Bev noticed and sounded as surprised as Summer felt when she realized as well. "Wow. Now I've officially seen everything. What changed?"

Summer was just about to open her mouth when the doorbell rang. Bev and her immediately looked at each other, Bev smiling a little smugly. "That must be him."

Summer blushed and smiled back before quickly rushing to the door. Bev ran after her, wanting to greet him as well. Summer made it there first and opened the door. The sight of him nearly swept her off her feet.

He wasn't in his usual dark blue sweater. Instead he was wearing an ice-blue shirt that complimented both his eyes and his cane. He had paired it with a pair of black pants and a black overcoat that hugged his lean, muscular frame well. His hair was for once styled and looked drop dead gorgeous, just as he did. With him, he carried a small grocery bag wherein Summer could see there were presents.

"Hey," He said and smiled at her, flipping his eyes to Bev as she appeared as well. "Oh, hey, I'm Jack. You must be Beverly."

Bev looked as stunned as Summer did the first time he looked at her. She quickly closed her mouth and then laughed nervously. "Uh, yeah, that's me. Just call me Bev. Come in!"

"Thank you," He smiled and stepped inside, Summer winking at him when she noticed he seemed a little nervous. It was a side of him she hadn't seen before. "And thank you for letting me join you and your family on Christmas Eve. It's most kind of you."

"Of course!" Bev grinned and took his coat as he took it off. "Any friend or boyfriend of Summer's is always welcome, and not just for Christmas Eve."

Summer blushed, as did Jack who chuckled a little and cleared his throat. "Uh, thank you. Oh, I nearly forgot," He instantly said and held out the bag to Bev. "These are for you and your family. There's a pot of hot cocoa in there as well," He said as Bev took the bag and looked inside it with wide eyes. "I didn't know if I had to bring anything to the table—"

"Oh, you didn't have to!" Bev said and smiled up at him, happily. "But this is wonderful! Thank you!"

"It's my way of saying thank you for letting me join you," Jack smiled back, bowing his head a little. "I really can't thank you all enough."