"Right." Felicity sneaked another look into the testing center. She probably should be jealous Caitlin had figured out a way to get Steve's shirt off before she had, but who was she to argue with the results? "And that explains this all...how?"

"I came up with a formula I think will work. Dr. Wells mentioned it to S.H.I.E.L.D., and now they're calling and demanding we give it to them yesterday. And I won't release it until it's been tested." Caitlin brushed back the wave of rich brown hair falling across her forehead, grimacing. "When you were delayed, Dr. Wells suggested asking Captain Rogers, since he has an accelerated metabolism. Captain Rogers agreed to help."

"Of course, he did," Felicity sighed. Steve didn't need a helper; he needed a keeper. Good thing there hadn't been an experimental grenade he could throw himself upon. "You do know he tends to volunteer for things he really, really shouldn't? I mean, it's not like he says no to anything." She caught herself as Caitlin smirked. "I meant. Line of duty. Not. Otherwise."

"Really?" Caitlin asked, all innocence, then relented at Felicity's stare. "Speaking of line of duty, we did secure his shield. He called in to tell his handler he'd be unavailable for a while, too."

"Thank goodness for that," Felicity sighed. "After some of the crazy training games Barry and Oliver came up with sober, I can just imagine Barry deciding they should play Ultimate Frisbee Tag with Steve's shield."

"Way ahead of you." Caitlin rolled her eyes. "Which one of us works with Barry every day?"

"How did Barry get into this mix, anyway?"

"He volunteered to participate since he's got an accelerated metabolism, too. He's off the curve for most metahumans, but Dr. Wells thought more data couldn't hurt. And..." Caitlin coughed a little, "Barry is a bit of a show-off sometimes."

"Maybe not the understatement of the year, but definitely the last few months," Felicity agreed.

A small buzzer sounded beside her, echoing in the testing room. Caitlin clicked a button and spoke into a microphone. "Time for the next."

Felicity jerked back around to the window as Steve and Barry each picked up a beaker and downed the contents. Barry thumped a fist against his chest, wheezing. Steve set the beaker down, his hand steady, but listed sideways in his chair.

"What are they drinking?" she asked.

"Water with a small amount of the sed--oh, no." She broke off and flipped the speaker on again as Barry began talking. Frowning in deep concentration, Steve squinted at him as if Barry had suddenly turned ant size.

"Metagene is so better'n serum. The metagene gave me super speed," Barry jabbed the air with his forefinger for emphasis on each word, spluttering like Daffy Duck on each S. "Wha'd the serum give you?"

"Made me taller." Though Steve spoke carefully, his vowels sounded slushy. He leaned back in his chair, biceps flexing as his hands tightened visibly on the armrests. Plastic squeaked in protest. "An' I got bigger. I was even skinnier'n you when I got it."

Barry reared back in indignation. "Wha' you mean, skinny?" He stood, pointing to his abdomen. "Lightning gave me abs!"

Felicity pinched the bridge of her nose. "Are you done yet? We don't need to see any more of this."

"Oh, I don't know," Caitlin murmured, distracted, watching Barry.

"Caitlin!"

The researcher almost jumped out of her pumps. "Right, we..." her eyes slid back to Barry for a second, then to Steve, then back to Barry. "Right."