Chapter 1

This is dedicated to BlueBirdxD
Lucy's POV

I sigh and take a deep breath of air. The poison buzzing in my body felt good. I felt the small lightning crackling in the air and I knew Laxus was nearby. As the wind blew I looked at Laxus shocked as he stops me. "We need to talk." He says. I nod and take a seat on the bench nearby. He stands in front of me and seemed to look over me before he takes a deep breath. His aura said confusion and worry. Me and Laxus were actually close. He was like a big brother in a way. "Why did I see you drink bleach?" He asks. I looked at him shocked. He caught me? "You're smarter than the guild.. I've drank it blatantly in front of everyone. Hm. Because I can and it won't hurt me. " I say shrugging. "It'll kill you!! Are you suicidal?!" He yells. "No. I just have another magic that allows me to drink things like that. It fuels me. Sniff me Laxus. You're smarter than the other slayers. What do you smell?" I ask. He looked at me shocked before he proceeded to sniff around me. He stopped in the direction of my jugular. "Cobra. You're mated to him. It's an old mark though. " he mutters. I him happily and nod. "I've been mated to him since I was 6." I say smiling. "You couldn't have.. He was in the.. Tower of heaven.." He slowly said and realized something. "You were there weren't you?" He asks sadly. I simply nod,pushing the memories away. "Don't tell anyone. I don't need them worrying for me. " I say. He looked at me shocked. "I don't want them to worry." I say. He nods. "Since you're here. You can shop with me. You can invite your team if you'd like. I'm gonna make Pizza and onion rings. " I say. He nods and thought projects them as he walks to the market with me. "Don't you get lonely without him with you?" He asks. "I do but the day is coming soon. So the wait is worth it. " I him happily as I pick out a few onions. "The day?" He asks. "He's getting released on a 5 year probation. The council wants to give him a second chance and they are looking for Fairy Tail to help him. Of course I didn't know this till Gramps informed me a week ago. Tomorrow is the big day. " I explain. "Hope you know he's not gonna get that big of a welcome. I'll be on your side but the rest of the guild.." He trails off. "If I have to fight with them for them to realize everyone deserves a seconds chance, so be it. I am not being biased about it because he is my mate. I look at is as someone I hate. If it was someone I hated. Would I think the same? Would you?" I ask looking to him. "No. I'd think they deserved to rot in a cell. " he says. "But you hate them. Therefore your judgement is biased and clouded. Your judgement goes off the Pathos side of you. Pathos is your emotions. You have Ethos, credibility and trust, Pathos, emotions and values, and Logos, logic, reason, and proof. I was always told Pathos was dangerous to use during judgment. Only Ethos and Mainly Logos was okay to use. So looking at it through Logos and Ethos, also just barely The values side of Pathos, I am a firm believer everyone deserves a second chance. " I say and pay for the things I'd gotten. Id be making everything homemade so I ended up with a lot of bags, of which Laxus wouldn't let me carry. I giggle at him and as we got to my house I saw his team on the steps waiting. "You could've went in you guys, it's not locked. " I say and open the lock broken door. "Miss Lucy it's dangerous if you do not lock your door." Freed comments. I giggle. "My lock is broken. Natsu broke it the other day trying to get in while I wasn't home. " I say shrugging and letting them in. "Would you like me to fix it for you Miss Lucy?" He asks. "Oh no! I couldn't ask you to do that. I'll just buy one when I get the time. " I say and close the door. "I'll return shortly." He says and looks at the door knob before leaving. I sweatdrop at him. "He doesn't listen.." I mumble. "Why does your house smell like cleaner?" Ever asks. "I just recently cleaned. " I reply calmly, internally freaking out. Did Astera spill my poison? "Like it spotless?" She asks, a knowing expression. "Sort of. I don't want it clean freak like but rather clean. It's just when Natsu broke my lock he also traded me house and singed some things onto the floor and it took a lot of cleaner to get it off. " I shrug. I go to the cabinet and secretly see the spilt cleaner. I clean it up and throw the bottle away. We're was Astera? Astera was my snake. Just like Cubelios except she was black with a white underbelly and golden eyes. Suddenly I hear ever scream and I ran out to see Astera peeking out from under my bed. Ever goes to turn her to stone and I cover Astera and glare at Ever. "You turn her to stone, I'll never forgive you.." I growl. Ever looked at me shocked and outs her glasses back on. "Sorry.." She mumbles. Astera wraps around me and I giggle. "Hello Astera.. Did you behave?" I ask and she nuzzles me. "Guys this is Astera, she's my companion." I introduce and Astera dips her head a bit. Once freed had returned and I introduced the I got started on dinner.