Chapter 1

"Hey, Ash." I said as I walked up to my best friend. We usually meet at the front of the school and walk back to my house together.

"How was it?" She asked as we started off.

"Ugh, same old, same old." I sighed, "I can't believe we're graduating next year." Ash started jumping and squealing. "I know! I can't wait!"

"Ow," I said rubbing my ear and walking up my driveway. We had just arrived. We walked in the front door and headed towards the living room, as per usual. It was a fitting name since we did practically live in there. It was like a shrine to video games. A 75" plasma screen TV, and a shit-load of video games and game systems. We had: a playstation 1, 2, and 3, an x-box original and 360, Nintendo Entertainment System, and all the hook ups for them. We had any kind of games imaginable because me and Ashlyn liked different things. She liked shooting games, like Call of Duty, and I liked adventure/quest games, like The Elder Scrolls.

We entered the living room and saw my parents sitting on the couch talking.

"Uh oh." Ash mouthed to me. This was bad because my parents usually don't get home until around 5:00, unless there was an emergency, which is when I usually had dinner ready.

She nudged me and nodded right. When I looked I saw a man that looked remarkably like me. He had short dark black hair and blue eyes and looked really tall, where-as I had shoulder-length black-brown hair and blue grey eyes. I was also freakishly tall at 5'7. "Ah! You must be Eva! We were just talking about you." He came over to me and shook my hand. "It's just Eve," I replied pulling my hand away and taking a step away.

My Dad looked up at me when he heard my name and paled. "What are you doing home so early?" He asked with a squeak in his voice looking nervous. "Dad," I said slowly, "It's 2:50, if anything, I'm late." He paled considerably more. "Ah! How rude of me! Please, come sit down," The stranger said sweeping an arm towards my couch.

"Ashlyn, honey, I think you should go home. You can always come back later," Mom said. Her voice was low and she was very soft spoken.

"Um, yeah. That would probably be best. I'll come back later for dinner, like usual. See you Eve." She gave me a weak smile, and left, heading home.

My dad looked almost scared, 'But Dad never gets scared', I thought with a puzzled look on my face.

I walked to the couch and sat down. I slapped my hands on to my knees, "So, what do you say? Hows-about we get this party started?"