Chapter 2: Jacob

Začať od začiatku

B: You'll always be the Alpha.

J: I know but I don't want to take up the task of being the Quileute Pack's Alpha and I know that I might be disappointing you but I just don't want to, dad.

B: I thought as much.

J: What?

B: You're my son, Jake. I know you and I know that being an Alpha, being in charge of something so important is not something that you want to do and I accept it.

J: You do?

B: Of course.

J: But I thought that being Ephraim's great grandson and you never getting the opportunity to be Alpha that you'd want me to do it.

B: And I do, when you're ready.

J: You're the best, you know that right. (He smiled getting up and giving his father a hug)

B: So I've been told.

...

...

That was five years ago and Jacob still hasn't gone to Sam about wanting to be Alpha. He enjoyed not having to go to each and every council meeting and being able to rough house with his best friends Seth, Embry and Quil.

Se: Don't you ever regret giving it up without even giving it a go?

J: Sometimes I do, like when Sam is ripping me a new one or shouting at me but then I really think about it and realise that I really don't want to.

Se: Good, I don't think I'd be able to handle it if my best friend were the Alpha.

J: No, you'd be getting all the perks if I were the Alpha.

Se: You forget that I know you right.

J: Whatever.

Se: So Sam and Quil have imprinted already, now when are you planning on taking the plunge.

J: It's not like I can decide when it happens Sethie boy, I'll just have to wait it out like the rest of you.

Se: Oh, I thought that you had some special powers because you're a legacy and all.

J: I do, I have impeccable sight.

Se: Why am I still even friends with you?

J: Because I'm awesome! (He gloated)

Se: Sure, let's go. The guys have already started with the bonfire.

J: Well it's about time.

Jacob, Seth and the rest of the Quileute's sat around the bonfire telling stories and just enjoying each other's company. They even went cliff diving because it was one of the warmer nights that Forks had seen in a while.

...

B: When are you settling down, my son?

J: I don't know dad, it's not like it's up to me or anything.

B: You don't need to wait to imprint in order to settle down, I didn't and I got three amazing children out of it.

J: Two of whom only call when it's convenient for them and hardly ever visit.

B: But I got you out of that deal and I consider that a massive win.

J: I got an amazing dad too but I'm only eighteen now dad, I still have a lot of time for that.

B: I know but I'm not getting any younger, son and I want a grandbaby before I die.

J: Dad, you still have a long way to go before you have to go knocking on the gates of heaven. Mom still has a long time to wait before she gets reunited with her Husband.

B: I hope so.

Billy smile watching as Jacob bounded off to the kitchen to make them dinner.

...

Jacob has been going on patrol with the rest of the pack but kept coming back later and later every time.

J: Sorry dad that I'm late, I know that you had a doctor's appointment. Sorry.

B: It's okay, I pushed it back two hours but where have you been your patrol ended an hour ago.

J: I don't know dad, it's like every time my shift is over, I just start wondering around until I end up at the border.

B: Every time?

J: Every single time.

B: Well that's weird.

J: You're telling me, dad.

B: Don't worry, we'll figure it out together, let's just get to Forks now.

J: Lead the way.

...