Chapter 1: Demoman

"I am Demoman!"

"I am Demoman!"

"Yeah, yeah, we get it! You like to demolish things!" Chat griped as he leapt away from yet another swing of the Akuma's wrecking ball. The big iron sphere crashed mere inches from where Chat had been and the aftershock sent him flying back. "Whoa!"

He tumbled away, tiny bits of rock raining on his head.

"Chat! Are you okay!?" he heard Ladybug call as she took refuge behind a chimney. The blast had left a huge, gaping hole on the roof between them.

"Ballin'" Chat replied as he righted himself, grinning at Ladybug's groan as it reached his ears

" Really ? At a time like this?"

She waved at him urgently from across the gap and Chat quickly followed her cue, hiding behind a turret as Demoman tried to take aim at him again. Suddenly losing sight of Chat, the villain roared in anger, echoing the thunder clap from the cloudy skies above. " I'll demolish you!"

The Akuma they were fighting today was probably one of the toughest, most physically-taxing, villains they've ever had to face. Sure, he wasn't precisely quick-witted, but he was insanely aggressive and destructive, and rather than being intent on obtaining their Miraculouses, he seemed more interested in causing as much damage as possible.

As to what had led this Akuma to appear, apparently, a construction worker had demolished the wrong structure by accident in a nearby site. His boss had ridiculed him in front of his crew and then fired him, which caused the distraught man to become the perfect fodder for Hawkmoth. The worker had become a behemoth of a man, sporting a suit of grays, blacks, and yellows underneath an orange and green vest while wearing a yellow safety helmet on his head. His shoulders had grown in size, and his arms had morphed into large chains with iron balls hanging from them.

So, he essentially had wrecking balls for arms.

Amazing.

"I am DEMOMAN !"

"WE GET IT!" Ladybug and Chat yelled in unison for the tenth time that day as a wrecking ball zoomed some inches over Ladybug's head.

Ladybug and Chat didn't know why Demoman felt the need to yell his name every time he was about to attack, but while it was increasingly grating, it at least served as a warning to get out of the way before he hauled the big iron balls he had as arms at their heads. Again, Demoman was not the fastest or the brightest, but they had learned the hard way the need to tread carefully when engaging him ; their aching bodies were quick to remind them of all close calls they'd had today.