A New Friend?

A/N: So this is a contest submission for hmtaniwha, they are doing a contest thing. I thought it would be cool to enter it, so enjoy whatever happens in this story XD

Andrew was so happy to be somewhere he thought he would never be in a million years.

Brony Con.

Being at Brony Con was such a big dream come true for Andrew. He was both excited and nervous, being at this convention for the first time.

"This is amazing!" He shouted out in happiness. Looking around at different booths and seeing different cosplays worn by other bronies and pegasisters. Listening to popular songs from famous artists like The Living Tombstone, Woodentoaster, and many more.

He began walking around the place with wonder in his eyes. Everything that he saw was amazing to him. The art, the posters, the collectables, everything.

But something caught his eyes, or more likely, someone.

There was a person leaning against the wall, with two or three bags next to his feet, wearing a Shining Armour costume, complete with blue spray paint in his hair.

'He looks cute,' Andrew thought with a blush. Maybe it was the way he looked, or maybe it was the features of his face. He looked to be wondering with a sad look, as if he lost something.

'Maybe he's lost,' Andrew thought, and decided to walk up to him and say something.

"Hey, are you ok?"

The man looked up and quickly looked down again, clearing his throat. "Y-yeah, I'm alright, thanks," he mumbled, loud enough that Andrew was able to recognize his voice. Who wouldn't recognize that deep, masculine voice?

"Wait, Markiplier?" Andrew squinted in confusion. Mark tensed up a bit, mumbling what sounded like "crap" under his breath. He looked up and smiled awkwardly. "Yep, that's me," he said, sounding a little worried and nervous. Andrew smiled. "My name is Andrew Stein, I'm a youtuber too."

Mark loosened up a little, looking at Andrew closely. Andrew had always admired Mark, with his craziness and silly antics. He never frowned when he watched a Markiplier video, especially his rage videos. Mark always made him smile, and he always loved him.

"Andrew?" Mark looked a little harder before lightening up his expression. "As in the youtuber Mandopony?" Andrew felt his heart flutter. 'He recognized me!' He thought to himself excitedly. He nodded and smiled, and Mark returned the smile. "Dude, I'm a huge fan! I love your music." Mark said, making Andrew blush a little bit.

"Aw, its not much, just something I enjoy doing," he said. "I'm a huge fan of your videos too. I always love watching them when I'm sad." Mark smiled and Andrew felt the butterflies enter his stomach. "Well I'm glad I make you smile," he said as he placed his hand on Andrew's shoulder. Andrew tried not to blurt out anything about his crush on him.

"So, what are you doing at Brony Con of all places?" He asked. "Better yet, what's up with the Shining Armour costume, it looks cool."

Mark's smile faded as he looked away from Andrew. "Thanks," he said, sounding upset. Andrew looked at him, confused. 'Did I say something wrong?' He thought to himself, a little worried. "What's wrong?"

Mark looked at him, and he could tell he was nervous. Mark cleared his throat. "Its just-" he sighed before he continued, "it sounds stupid, but I've never really told anyone I was a brony. I was afraid someone was going to say something that hurt. I dressed up as Shining Armour so I could hide myself. I guess that didn't go as well as planned." He laughed awkwardly.

Andrew stared in shock at the man in front of him. Of all people, Mark was afraid of people saying men things to him? "Dude, are you serious?" He blurted out, not realizing what he said. Mark looked down in disappointment. "Why would anyone say things like that? Your fans would never do something like that. They love you."

Mark looked up, looking like he was about to cry. Andrew continued.

"You're always bothered by haters, but you always brush it off. You shouldn't let things like that bother you, they're only words. Just be yourself and everyone will accept you."

Mark stared at him for a moment. Andrew smiled at him sweetly. Mark smiled back and pulled him into a hug. Andrew was startled for a second, but he hugged back.

"Thank you," Mark whispered. Andrew blushed a little bit and smiled. "No problem, anything for my favorite gamer," he replied. He felt so happy just staying there in his arms. It felt warm and loving.

Eventually, Mark pulled away from the hug, smiling from ear to ear. Andrew loved seeing him smile, he knew that Mark was happy. "So, would you like to hang out with me? I don't really know how to get around here, it being my first time here." Mark chuckled nervously. Andrew smiled. "Me either, dude," he leaned against the wall next to Mark. "Let's just be lost together, shall we?"

They laughed, and Andrew had never felt happier to be with someone.

So yeah, the prompt was a brony AU, and I had to continue it. I'm actually kinda proud of this one. It was kind of a weird ship tho, I have no idea where it came from XD anyway I hope you enjoyed it, and see you next time!

~Miss Fannie~