"I'm sorry," Anna said besides Mia, having watched the whole scene play out behind the glass doors as well. "God, I didn't know they would arrest him. I just thought—"

"You thought what?!" Mia snapped, her anger suddenly exploding like the crowd. She turned to her 'friend' and glared harshly at her. "Do you have any idea what you've just done?!"

"I just revealed to the public who the Genius was! It was about time!"

"No, what you just did was turn an innocent guy over to the government!" Mia shouted. Her hands were shaking so badly, she could hardly keep herself from punching her. She knew it wouldn't do any good, but she wanted to hit something or someone. And right now, Anna was the most preferred choice. "Out of all the things you could've done—"

"Mia, I'm sor—"

"Don't fucking say you're sorry to me!" She screamed, clenching her fists. Oh, she was so close. She didn't even care that she had most of the school as her witnesses and that she'd lose her place at the school. It all just didn't matter anymore. She had been so confused earlier, but now she saw it all very clearly; Eli was the only thing that mattered, and watching him get dragged out like that, it made her realize how she truly felt about him.

"Did you ever stop to think about why he hadn't come forward? That there might have been a good reason for him not to expose himself to that?" Mia shouted and pointed to the media madness.

Anna had the decency to flush in shame. "I thought it was just another idiot wanting to p-play a game with the media..."

"You're a joke, Anna. Your mom was right; Smart girls get degrees, pretty girls get whatever they please. Well you got what you pleased, Anna. You took him away from me, that's what you wanted, wasn't it?" Mia seethed. Anna dropped her jaw. "See you fucking around, bitch."

Mia spun around on her foot and had her hand on the door when Anna suddenly grabbed her arm. "Mia wait, please!"

She paused and looked over her shoulder, fighting the urge to hit her again. "What?"

Anna looked at her for a second, shaking. Then finally, she looked down. "Tell him I'm sorry for me."

"Oh, no," She said, now turning back to face her. "You get to tell him that yourself. You're going to look him straight in the eyes and tell him how truly sorry you are, you pathetic, useless traitor of a friend."

And with that, she angrily stormed outside, running to her car and starting it up. She drove out of the parking lot, setting up her Bluetooth phone device whilst doing so. She had to call someone she knew she could count on.

After four short rings, the line got picked up. "Hello?"

"Zoe," Mia said, gripping tighter onto the steering wheel as she pulled onto the highway. "I need you to do me a favor. I need you to contact Caleb."

~~~

It had taken some time, but finally Zoe had comprehended the whole story after Mia explained it to her and gave up Ceynius's real identity. She told her to tell him to come meet her at her place where Elana was. She had to talk to him and figure out their next move, how to find Eli, and of course reunite Elana with her brother. Now that Eli had been taken, the coast was, ironically enough, clear.

"Elana!" Caleb bolted towards his sister the minute Mia opened the door. They joined in a warm embrace, clutching on to each other like their lives depended on it. Mia swore she even saw Caleb's eye glint with something that could've been a tear. "Elana, God, I've missed you, angel! I'm back, princess, I'm back."