iMeet The Brute

*Moesha's pov*

'Mr Carlyle's office' I said asked I picked up the desk phone.
'Who are you?' the voice on the other end asked
'I am Mr Carlyle's new personal assistant'
'Oh, you are the new girl' the voice growled. He sounded like he was having a hangover. 'I need you to cancel all my appointments and come immediately. I'll text you the address' I heard the dial tone before I could say anything
'What a jerk' I thought

A message came in almost immediately. I grabbed my bag and phone, ran down the lobby. I remembered I didn't have any money and I couldn't ask Adela, I didn't even know which building she was. I turned and saw May flirting with a guy, i smiled and whispered in her ears. She laughed and handed me more money than I asked for.

I thanked her, flagged a cab and started rescheduling his appointments. It took about twenty-two minutes to get to the hotel. I walked into the hotel and got strange stares from people, probably because I looked out of place there.

'Good morning ma'am' a young man greeted from behind the counter 'How many I help you?'
'I'm here for Mr Carlyle'
'Oh' his smile was immediately replaced by a frown 'And you are?'
'His personal assistant' I said trying to hide my irritation. The man called and minutes later, I was standing in front of a penthouse suite.

'Mr Carlyle' I said as I tapped the door gently. The door flung wide open. I walked in and there was nobody in the room, I looked around and saw a man on the floor covering his face with a shirt.

I stopped immediately, his body looked like something out of a Greek mythology, I quickly removed my eyes before i embarrass myself
'Mr Carlyle'
'arrgghhh my head' he groaned trying to sit up. I held my breath, he really did look like a Greek God.

..................

Moesha consciously relaxed her hands on the steering wheel. As she drove steadily, she struggled not to look at the man at the back of the car. He looked so different from what she'd heard in rumors.
Never judge a book by it's cover she thought as she sighed and concentrated on the road.