"We have to Connor. There are a lot of girls you can date. They all know you now. Seize this moment of your life."

"What are you saying Valerie? I only want you!"

I bowed my head, in little voice I said, "You cannot stand going through long distance relationship."

He froze. "What? Are you leaving?" He held my shoulder forcing me to look at him.

"This is the right thing to do."

"This isn't! I will talk to uncle Vince."

"Connor please!"

He kneeled in front of me. He held my hand, looking at me like his life depended on it.

"We will get through this. We will talk to them, explain things, they did not know what happened. Don't do this to me Valerie. Do not break up with me" he vulnerably said. "We're just starting, we will go through a lot."

I looked away from him, "My parents are arguing, they are falling apart and it is because of me Connor, it's because of us."

Mom was serious about the annulment, she said she had enough of dad's control over our lives, she cannot bear his manipulativeness anymore.

"Do you love me Valerie?" He asked.

"I do not know what's the importance..."

"Do you love me?"

"I-I do..."

He smiled at me, kissed my hands then my lips.

----

I was patiently waiting for Uncle Vince inside his office. I know I was wrong for not telling him my intentions with Valerie.

Not a moment later, he walked in, confidently, intimidating me.

But then, I will do everything for my pretty girl, for my Valerie.

"Uncle Vince." I stood up, looking straight at him, trying not to look afraid of him.

I wasn't able to utter another word because he already punched my face. "That's for hurting my little girl." He hissed under his gritted teeth.

I wiped the blood on the side of my lips. He settled down and instructed me to sit too.

"What do you need?"

"Your approval."

"Approval huh?" He smirked devilishly. "And what makes you thing I like you for my little girl?"

This isn't the Uncle Vince I know. I am aware somehow that he knows this day will come, that I always had feelings for his little girl. "As you can see I have nothing to brag on you."

"Certainly." He said, making me want to roll my eyes.

"But, I've been acing my classes, doing it all to be the class valedictorian so I can get a great job, build an empire, making sure that ten years from now, I will be a worthy man to ask for your daughters hand in marriage."

He laughed. Like I said the most hilarious thing in the world. "Ten years?" He repeated.

"Ten years from now you will have a different dream."

"I should know. When I was your age I was constantly dreaming of marrying your mom, but fate twisted things. It was a bad twist though, who would have thought that Katherine will have a stubborn son who wanted to get in my daughter's pants?"