Babies For the Billionaire

Start from the beginning

That. Gosh-dang. Pink. Plus.

I'd even gotten my blood tested at the doctor's, stretching my already stretched paycheck, but I knew it'd be worth the money for an absolute answer.

Apparently, that absolute answer just had to be yes.

Stepping into the tall office building, I self-consciously smoothed my black pencil skirt as I walked to the front desk.

A pert blonde sat at the desk, her perfect nails tapping away on the keyboard. She looked up at me and gave perfect smile. "Yes, how may I help you?" I twisted my fingers tighter on the straps of my bag but gave her a polite smile in return.

"I have an appointment for a job interview at one thirty," I answered and the blonde returned to her computer, though her smile never faded.

"Yes, of course. Can I get your name, please?"

"Areila Carson," She nodded and continued to type.

"Okay, thank you, Ms. Carson. If you'll just take those elevators up to the ninth floor, there will be someone waiting to guide you to the interviewing stations." She pointed to the shining steal doors and I thanked her kindly before following her brief directions.

At the ninth floor, there was a lanky man waiting for me. He guestured in the general direction of the stations and lead me into a private room. A man sat behind a beautifully modern desk, with dark blonde hair and blue-ish gray eyes, and dismissed my escort easily before encouraging me to get comfortable. I obliged and sat politely on the chair across from the desk as the man leaned forward in his desk, stappling his fingers together calmly. "Hello, Ms. Arlah Carson,"

"I apologize for interrupting, but it's Areila, sir." The man shook his head.

"Oh, no, I apologize, I guess my eyes are playing tricks on me. You must forgive me, Ms. Carson, I've been doing interviews all day," He chuckled and pretended to rub the sleep from his eyes. I told him it was perfectly fine.

"So, Ms. Carson, what made you think of applying here at Geovani Enterprises?" He inquired I checked his name tag. Owen Russel.

"Well, I've done my homework on Geovani Enterprises, especially on this secretary position. It provides great benefits and insurance coverage for some cases, not to mention all the clean reviews of this business---it seemed that everyone loves working here."

"I meet all the requirements for this position and I have no...er... problems in my life preventing me from doing this job to the best of my ability. I have excellent work ethic and am a fast learner." I'd stumbled. Gosh dang it. My hand had flinched, instinctively wanting to move over my abdomen, but I held back.

The interview went on for about half an hour longer, and I left the building feeling unqualified and defeated. My chocolate brown hair fluttered in the late September wind and blew out behind me as I searched for my car.

Slipping into my jacket, I hurried down the lanes toward my vehical.

A week later, I shut the door to my apartment and fell against it, exhausted. Another failed day of job hunting.

I hadn't heard from anybody and I was afraid rent day was just going to jump out in a few days and scare me to death.

I let loose a heavy breath and kicked off my heels. I really should have gone with the flats today. Pushing myself up from the door, I was about to cross the living room into the kitchen when the phone rang from it's little old dock on the coffee table. "Hello?" I asked tiredly.