Non Human Groupings

Beginne am Anfang

Mob:

Is a pure group of Dingoes with no other species of Were or Non-humans present.

Extra: There are very few mobs in Australia and those that do exist, exist because of geographical isolation and or human interference which thankfully now is dwindling however it is predicted that Dingoes will eventually become Were Dogs and the term Mob will become extinct.

Quarrel:

Is a pure group of sharks, species non-specific, with no other species of Were or Non-humans present.

Extra: It is difficult to tell a ‘true’ shark from a Were shark and while they generally appear to swim alone they do in fact hunt together and like to live near reefs or food sources where they can live a sustainable life style. There are currently four Quarrels all of which live in the waters off the coast of Australia. The Human side of these Sharks are normally involved in jobs which allow them to be near and or in the water.

Mixed Groupings:

Mixed groups are much more common and generally take their group name from whatever species their Alpha is a member of. These are the names of the mixed groups.

Flock:

Is a mixed group of Were and or Non-humans with a Bird type Were as Alpha.

Extra: Although Flock refers to a mixed group most of the time the flock is comprised mainly of Song Birds with the odd raptor.

Coven:

Is a group of Were and or Non-humans with a Elemental or Fae as the leader and are land bound.

Extra: Covens generally live in the territories claimed by Were. Since they don’t need land to run on only to practise their art or commune with nature there is no conflict with hunting rights. They also prefer to live in Were territory as it used to offer them a margin of safety when times were darker.

Pack:

Is a group of Were and or Non-humans with a canine type Were as Alpha.

Extra: Most refer to Were groups as pack as it is the most prevalent of the groups, almost half of all Alphas come from the K9 family.

Pride:

Is a group of Were and or Non-humans with a Feline type Were as Alpha.

Extra: After pack pride is the most used for naming non-humans and make up a quarter of Alphas.

Drove:

Is a mixed group of Were and or Non-humans with a Centaur as the leader.

Extra: There are currently six droves and while four of those droves have their own territories two however live in the territories claimed by Were. Those two groups are primarily made up with Centaurs and their non-Centaur mates. They generally prefer to stick with themselves however as social people they are slowly joining mainstream society now that they are protected from attack.

Pod:

Is a mixed group of water type Were and water type Non-humans.

Extra: These groups are hard to find as they can move from land to sea instantly, these groups are behind the myths of mermaids. Also because of nature there are no numbers on how big the known groups actually are.

Kennel:

Is a mixed group of Were and Non-humans with a Fox as Alpha.

Extra: There is currently only one Kennel and it lives in Australia.

Names of now extinct groupings:

Yes there were group names which have become extinct because the actual species of Were has gone extinct or because the name no longer held the same meaning or was considered inappropriate. These terms probably won’t come up but I thought you may like to know them anyway.

Cave:

Was a pure group of Bears, species non-specific, with no other humans or non-humans present.

Extra: This term was dropped as very few bears live in groups, family groups not included, and have mostly joined the other groupings.

Troop:

Was a pure group of Thylacines aka Tasmanian Tiger, which are now sadly extinct due to human hunting. The last known Thylacine died in captivity in 1933.

Extra: There have been unconfirmed sightings of lone Thylacines in Tasmania since they were declared extinct but those sightings are considered urban legends.

Murder:

Was a pure group panthers with no other humans or Non-humans present.

Extra: The term was dropped due to general consensus as it was believed a Murder of Were panthers was a bad term to use when humans and Were started coming together. There are currently nine ‘murders’ four in India and five in South America. They currently just use the term pride and while not exclusive have yet to get any Non-Were panther members.