Non Human Groupings

© CRGangell aka Whitesabretooth

Non-Human groupings

Of Earth

In the Twists of Fate series I use terms to describe Non-human groupings, which I decided to put up so that it is there for you the reader to go back to when you wish. In the stories I don't always refer to all the groups as generally the character I am focusing on will view all other groups or refer to those groups as what they call their own group. A pride member will refer to other groups as prides and so on. Only the 'pure groups' will differentiate between their group and the mixed groups. Here is an explanation of those terms in the context of the Twists of Fate series and some further information which I know but may not put into the series.

Pure Groupings:

Pure groups are declining in numbers as if a member of that pure group finds their mate and that mate is of another race it forces them to leave in order to be with their mate. It has led to declining numbers in those groups, which has forced them to reconsider their position, whether it was worth it to keep hold of such an out-dated notion of purity of race in this day and age. However, there are still some groups left and these are the names and descriptions of those groups.

Ambush:

Is a pure group of tigers, species non-specific, with no other species of Were or Non-humans present.

Extra: At the moment there are only two Ambushes left in the world after the Storm Fist Ambush was disbanded. Both are in Europe. The numbers of the members in those groups have been slowly declining for the last hundred years.

Clown:

Is a pure group of Song birds, species non-specific, with no other species of Were or Non-humans present.

Extra: There are many clowns, the majority however live in Australia and most are parrots. Unlike most Were who can’t blend in with their non-shifting counterparts these people can and sometimes can spend their entire lives in their animal forms.

Tribe:

Is a pure group of Vampires with no other species of Were or Non-humans present.

Extra: Vampires generally don’t like other races and consider Humans as merely food or useful servants. Humans who work for Vampires are called familiars and are not considered members of the Tribe and are disposable.

Strike:

Is a pure group of raptors, species non-specific, with no other species of Were or Non-humans present.

Extra: There are only two Strikes in existence, both are in South America and number in only a hundred pairs per group. These Were spend more time in their animal form then their human form although they do spend time as humans.

Flight:

Is a pure group of Centaurs with no other species of Were or Non-humans present.

Extra: There are four flights of centaurs, two in the USA (one being in Alaska,)   one in Canada and another in Sweden. Each group is small, numbering no more than seventy, a third of which are usually juveniles. Centaur groups are led by a either a Lead stallion or a Lead mare.

Skulk:

Is a pure group of Foxes with no other species of Were and or Non-humans present.

Extra: There are six skulks, three in the UK and three in Australia. In the UK two are urban dwellers and one lives in the country side. In Australia however the Skulks must be careful as they are often confused with their feral counterparts who have decimated Australian wild life.