(Episode 1)Chapter 2: New player vs. best player

"Kai??"

"Morikawa! Give me my card back!" Aichi shouted as soon as he saw the bully

Morikawa was shocked by Aichi' presence"Aichi!!!! W-what are you doing here?"

"Where's my card Morikawa??"Aichi questioned, avoiding the bully's question.

"I-i don't know what your talking about." he denied

"...*sigh* That's what they all say." I muster up all my courage to put up a simple smile. "Hi Morikawa!"

"HIME!!! "Morikawa's face went totally pale. "I'm totally innocent!! I never-"

"Where's Aichi's card??" I asked him directly to the point. Avoiding his frantic words.

"Um, excuse me. Is this the card you're talking about???" a yellow-haired guy blurted out.

I turned around to see what he's talking about, and Aichi did the same

"Yes!!! That's it!! Tha-" but before Aichi grabbed the card, the expressionless Kai snatched it away. A look of dismay changed the relief expression on his face "Please give it back."

"No way. This card is mine."Kai said coldly, not caring about what everyone thinks.

Aichi was speechless. And so was I "Wow, Kai is really cold just like Azami told me... Hmm? Have I seen his face before?" I shook my thoughts off my head "Focus Hime! You're here to help Aichi get his card back! Thinking of other things will not get you anywhere ."

After I frantically calmed myself down I noticed that everyone is speechless. My eyes noticed Morikawa looking worried and glanced at his friend, Izaki.

The tense atmosphere was broken by Kai, he suddenly stood up

"It's important that we respect the rules and regulations of a vanguard battle, don't you think?"Kai paused, and looked at Morikawa. "This guy bet me the card and lost." Morikawa heard those words and looked frustrated

"Well.... Can I have it?"Aichi asked full of hope.

But Kai didn't care likewise. "Sorry kid, when you lose a battle you've gotta fight back."

To our surprise, the blue-haired boy suddenly turned serious "Well then, why don't you fight for it!!??"

All of us were shock after hearing those words. When you think logically and think about it. A beginner and a famous cardfighter, fighting? Naturally you'd be even surprise that a beginner has the courage to fight.

But I Kai enjoyed the moment too much. "Hmph " his face turned into an evil smirk. " Okay kid, it's a deal." Kai answered

"Hold on! You can't fight him!"Morikawa shouted, interrupting the two of them

"Why not??" I shouted back. Why can't Aichi fight? Is he forbidden to fight? As I recall correctly, there was no rule saying that beginners can't fight.

"W-Well...." Morikawa stammered.

I smirked at his reactions. "Is he afraid of a girl?"

"Aichi never played vanguard! You don't even have a deck, right Aichi?" Morikawa said as he turned around and looked at Aichi.

"It's true that I've never played." That's what he said, but he started to grab something from his bag."But I build this deck just in case I ever get a chance to."

"Say what?" Morikawa said, as his eyes widened. Then I glared him. As if my eyes were saying 'shut up and sit down'

"Take a seat and get comfy." Kai ordered