5: Don't control this

En başından başla

"Professor, I don't know how, could you please teach me? You could give me lessons as Dumbledore did for Harry." I beg. Of course, Dumbledore did end up dead, so...

"Yes, Miss Granger. This needs to be contained. I'll have to help you. You need to be careful though, watch your temper, if anyone finds out about this, you'll be in great danger. Of course, you already are, but I can try to keep you safe. Okay, you need to return to your
class. Watch your temper. Tonight is Tuesday, meet in my office tonight right after dinner." With that, McGonagoll leaves once again.

Leaving me in danger of hurting someone. Just one wrong thought and I could drive someone off a cliff. I was a threat, to myself, to the ones around me.

***

I sat silently throughout all my classes, nothing could bother my short temper. I didn't want to hurt somebody. I couldn't. I seemed to be getting strange looks from people. As I usually say in the front and answered every question, today I sat in the back and said nothing.

  Once dinner arrived I ate only a bit of chicken and drank some water before rushing out of the hall. I heard a 'goodbye' but didn't look back to see who it was saying it.

My heart raced, I was nervous in a room filled with so many people. So many... Vulnerable people.

I shake the thought out of my head and rush quickly to McGonagoll's office. Her office isn't much differently decorated from Dumbledore's decor. The only difference is a large cat perch sitting in the corner of the room. I suppose it's for when McGonagoll shapes into her animagus form of a cat.

  I look around at all the interesting Wizarding items, I found out I was a wizard seven years ago, still I find all of these amazing things still, fascinating.

I hear feet shuffle into the room and I turn my attention away from the cauldron on the table towards Headmistress McGonagoll who stands beside her desk.

"Miss Granger, I need to help you learn how to control your... Control. Your aggression-"

"I'm not aggressive!" I say defensively.

"Never mind."

McGonagoll turns her head up and let's out a sigh, "This is serious, do you want to be killed?" She snaps.

I've always seen McGonagoll as sassy, but she's just plain crabby right now.

"Of course not, this is just so new. I just find out that I have some kind of bizarre power! I j... Just don't understand why you're being so harsh about this!" I say aggressively.

McGonagoll's face softens, "Miss Granger, my apologies. I know this is hard on you. You need to know though, I'm not just protecting you from the Ministry. But yourself as well, the other Persuaders that couldn't control their temper decided to give up, they let their fury take over and they became, who they are.

Horrid people. Persuaders are known to have short tempers and this is the leading cause of, inner darkness. I am not implying that you are bad, I'm just a bit frightened that you may not be able to control this. The power is growing inside of you, quickly.

If you can't control it fast enough... Well... I believe you know the rest."

Her long spill opened my eyes, if I can't control my anger, I will be just as bad as... Voldemort. Except with powerful control.

Not that Voldemort wasn't powerful and controlling, but controlling in another way.

"Okay, I-I'm sorry. How do I practice control?"
I ask quietly.

McGonagoll's look of determination reappears and she says, "Well, you'll practice some controls on me, because... I trust you..." She shook in fear, she did trust me, but I was new and she didn't know how this was going to work.

"Okay, what do I have to do?"

"Alright, focus on keeping calm, your controlling is no problem. It's mood.
Think about something to keep you calm and focus on me, telling me to... Sit down in my chair. Go."

I think of a happy memory, when I was returned from being paralyzed by the giant serpent, and was reunited with Ron and Harry.

I kept that thought in mind and said to McGonagoll "Sit in your chair." Moments of being paralyzed flashed before my eyes and I was frightened.

I fell down before my Headmistress. She looked at me in shock before forgetting her spot by her chair and rushing to my side.

"My dear, what happened?" She asks.

"I was thinking of a happy memory like you said, a-and A really frightening memory hit me as I was commanding." I say.

"Hmm, I see. Well, it appears as though the spell just rebounds when you're frightened. Goes nowhere at all. I'm sorry, maybe your happy memory just sparked it.

All is well, let's try again." I got up from my position on the old wooden floor.

McGonagoll stood by her chair once again, resuming her old position. I stand in front of her focusing on another happy memory.
When Harry and I danced in our tent, while we were searching for Horcrux's.

I begin to say "Sit down in you-" I'm cut off once more, tears roll down my eyes and I don't even know why. Ron ran away just recently. McGonagoll's face seems startled.

"Oh Merlin, what happened?" She asks. I don't answer, just face her sadly.

"I'm so sorry, that was the night our best friend left.. I can't do this." I say, she ignores what I said, obviously not understanding.

"No, it's alright. You'll get better. But I believe that's enough for one night. You are dismissed." Says McGonagoll. I wipe the tears from my face and grab my bag carrying it out of the room.

I think over everything on my way to the Gryffindor tower. So it seems as though when I'm angry, my power can turn someone into a complete zombie, when I'm scared, it doesn't work. When I'm happy, it should work perfectly. However that is...

And when I'm sad... I'm not exactly sure what happened.

I tell the large portrait the password
"Mandrake" and I walk into the common room in which is decorated in gold and red, Gryffindor colors. I see nobody in the common room, it's already eleven, that surprises me. I believed that it was only ten and everyone would be out still.

I walked to my dorm room and changed into pajamas. I lay on my twin sized bed thinking about Dumbledore's Army, would I be able to teach so many without getting dangerous? What if I blew my cover and somebody reported me to the Ministry?

Not everyone here likes me, well, there are many people here that don't like me. Some however would go as far as to get me sentenced to death. Some just dislike me like they dislike gum on the bottom of their shoes.

I work on slowing my heart rate down before falling asleep, hoping this would make for better results. I look around the room I shared with Ginny, Lavender and Parvati. It was quite messy actually. I kept all my things in or on my trunk however, Lavender's clothes were strewn across her bed and the floor.

Her makeup scattered across the floor as well. Ginny was a bit messy, but still kept to her own side. Parvati was quiet, nobody ever noticed her really. She has her twin Padma, whom she loves dearly. Her part of the room is also clean. Lavender maybe a pig, but Ron is as well. I'm hoping that they make a good couple, that Lavender heals Ron's broken heart, like I wish somebody would do for me.

I had Draco, who isn't such a good guy, yet somehow every night he creeps into my thoughts. I wish he'd stop that, I need to forget him. To forget how he betrayed my trust. I need to forget Draco Malfoy.

***
Oh my gosh, another long chapter! I am on a two chapter roll! I hope to do this with the rest of these, I like this one. It's interesting. Not too dramatic, but you get a sense of what's going on...