Chapter Twenty Five | Gotta Love Family

Start from the beginning

Note that I said I'd regret. Sophie didn't know what the word meant. 

Regret, in her mind, could be a goldfish food, or a type of lawnmower.

"Well, we may havemadeoutalittle."

"Can you please say that again?"

"We kissed. A bit."

"I think I actually heard 'made out'."

"Why would you want me to repeat it if you heard me the first time?"

"Oh for gods sake, Harlow, for dramatic effect!" Sophie sighed, shaking her head in disappointment. "You've always been really bad at these girl talks. You know that, right?" 

"I know I'm regretting ever becoming your friend right now." I grumbled in defense, not entirely comfortable with laying all what happened out on the table, even though it was Sophie I was talking to and she knew everything there was to know about me. 

Every little nook and cranny. 

I stood and took my coat off, hanging it on the back of my desk chair as silence filled the room. Sophie normally had every single comeback in the book, so I frowned, turning towards her.

To see a look of stunned surprise on her face.

And then it turned to glee.

"You're wearing guys clothes." A statement, not a question.

Oh.

OH.

Shit.

"Ah..." I trailed off, looking down at Flynn's black shirt and boxers, a fiery blush taking over my cheeks. "I got wet."

Her eyebrows shot up to her hairline. "God, I would have gone for him if he was that good in bed-"

"Oh my god no Sophie!" I cried out suddenly, the blush deepening. "Not that sort of wet!"

"Are you sure?" She was enjoying this way to much. Way to freaking much.

What colour red was I now?

"Look, the rain was heavy and I parked a little way from the door and got soaked running to his apartment complex and then he let me borrow a pair of clothes while he washed mine and dried my coat." I took a deep breath as I paused. Sophie started to laugh.

Really hard.

"And we made out. A fucking lot. Happy?" I half yelled at her as Sophie clutched one of my pillows and continued to laugh. "Oh great. I'm so glad that you find so much amusement in my love life. Bitch."

"Hey," Sophie said through chortles. "It's not that I find it funny," pause for another snicker. "It's that I find you completely adorable and confused right now. And it makes me happy."

I shook my head at her slowly, watching as her laughter died down before I spoke again. "Now what?"

"What do you mean, now what?" Sophie frowned, rolling over onto her stomach and cupping her face with her hands. "You and Flynn are obviously going to date."

"But what if we're not? What if I read him wrong and he's regretting it now-"

Sophie was in front of me in a flash. "Harlow. Calm down." Her hands gripped the sides of my arms gently. "The other shoes not going to drop. You're not going to come crashing back to reality any time soon. This is reality. Your reality. You and Flynn are happening and you just need to calm down and let it." 

"I'm not used to things going right." I murmured as Sophie smiled at me understandingly. "First with mum, and then Marley, nothings gone 'right' for me in a long time. It's just...this is new to me."