Switching Angels -Intro

Not editied- Please Comment and Vote. Thank you.

-:-:-:-

Love. That was the only emotion going through her as she held that tiny bundle of joy in her arms the first day. Admiration was what she felt the day her little girl took her first steps. Anger, the first time those little eyes cried due to a bully. Joy, peace, confusion, overwhelmed, happiness, every emotion she had felt and it was all due to her daughter. Her wonderful daughter that had grown into a beautiful seven year old. Her wonderful little girl. 

Now fear was the only emotion that took hold of her heart as she watched Elizabeth play in the yard. Her breathing was shaky and her heart rates were beyond rapid. All the time wondering how could they make that big of a mistake? 

The letter was crumpled in her hand. Tear stains still evident on the paper. The words still ringing in her head. "We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you." That wasn't what this was to her though. It wasn't inconvenient, it was torture. 

This wasn't something that happened everyday, she knew that much. The dilemma to her though was if taking Elizabeth away was really the answer to the problem. How would she cope with something like that? Her eyes moved to the crumpled paper again and read through the one letter that would change her life forever.

"Dear Mrs.Gold,

We are very sorry to inform you that seven years ago while you were in the hospital there was a terrible mix up. Due to some situations that have occurred we have discovered that your baby was accidentally switched with another.

Due to legal matters you and the other family involved will have 3 months to pack and switch children. In this time the paperwork sent to you with this letter must be filled out and signed by all parties involved than mailed to the said address. 

We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Forbs

Head of The Child and Family Ambulatory unit at St.Gordan's Hospital in British Columbia."

Her head hung down as tears fell from her eyes. She was loosing the little girl that has been her daughter for the past seven years, all because of some idiots mistake. She was loosing her Elizabeth.

-:-:-:-

Winter. That name irked her. She had always been one to lean towards classic names. To know that someone named her biological daughter Winter made her blood boil. 

Biological. That word had been eating away at her for the past few days. She didnt know how to feel. Should she be exstatic to be reunited with her biological daughter or feel nothing but resentment due to the fact that she was loosing her baby girl. Yes, no matter what anyways says she considers Elizabeth her daughter. 

Confusion radiated through her body. She was so excited to meet this little girl that had grown in her stomach seven years ago. A little angel she thought she had had the honor to raise and love, only to find out she has had been dubbed. Not that she was complaining about Elizabeth, there was nothing wrong with her giggly little bumble bee. She just didn't know where she stood anymore. She felt wronged yet blessed, excited but consumed with sadness. How would she deal with loosing Elizabeth? How would these two little girls deal with loosing their families? 

"Mommy?" 

She looked up to where the little voice came from. Elizabeth's little lip quivered as large tears started to spill down her cheeks. She lifted her arms up and wrapped them around her little girl.

"Whats the matter baby?" Her hand subconsciously stroked her little girls hair as her other arm was wrapped tight around the little one. 

"I don't like seeing you sad Mom." 

Pulling back she looked into the little girls eyes. Elizabeth was feeling everything her mother felt, except she didn't know why. She felt sad and the only reason she could figure out why was because her Mother was upset. Her little mind was working overtime to try and figure out how to make her Mother happy.

She hopped down and scurried across the yard to the large flower bed in the corner. Reaching down, her tiny hands clasped around the bright yellow tulips. Her tears were long forgotten now as she picked flowers for her Mother. 

-:-:-:-

Thomas slammed his fists over and over into the plaster wall of their bedroom, his wife Ariel just stood by hugging herself as silent tears streamed down her face. 

This was his little girl! Thomas had never felt so wronged in his entire life. They were taking away the only thing that made him happy, the only thing that had kept their marriage alive. 

They were taking away his breath of fresh air in this tiny house and in his busy life. His emotions were pouring over and his aggression was being taken out on the walls. 

Ariel stood there watching her husband. She knew there was nothing she could do to calm him down, there was no way he would listen. If it hadn't been for her being sick in the first place they would have never found out that Winter wasn't there's. She needed transplants though and their little girl was too stubborn to stand by, she wanted to help her Mommy. 

The only problem was that they weren't a match. Actually nothing was. Their DNA was completely different. 

Now Ariel and Thomas were faced with a decision to make. Let them take Winter, the little girl that had kept them happy. The little girl would had made their marriage last and kept them in love. They would get Elizabeth, but would it ever be the same? Biological or not Winter was their baby, would Elizabeth ever match up to what they thought of Winter, or would she always feel second to her parents love and emotions. Would she feel like the replacement? 

So the question was, should they stay and do what was correct by government standards or should they run? 

-:-:-:-

Blood dripped off of Thomas' knuckles. The wall now long forgotten, he sat and stared at the droplets falling onto the dark carpet. 

He had always wondered why Winter never looked like them. He had gone through all the possibilities. He had even accused his wife of adultery. He knew she would never cheat on him though so it was just decided that genetics were weird. 

Now he just looked like a fool. His tired legs lifted his body and he started to leave the bedroom. Ariel, exhausted from crying, was left alone asleep on the bed as he made his way to Winter's room. 

Sitting on her bed he ran his fingers through his little girls raven hair. Her name was a bit ironic, seeing as she was born in July, but her eyes looked like snow storms. He had never seen anything like it before. The mixture of dark blues and specks of grey had pulled him in the first time she opened her eyes. From that moment on he was hooked. 

His eyelids drooped and a long sigh escaped his lips as he left her room and made his way to his study.

Very strong Whiskey was what he needed. 

-:-:-:-