Trade : Chapter 1

*Kate's POV*

    I walked down the darkened streets of Gotham, Sirens could be heard in the distance. It's been nine months now. I have left Wayne manor for good, and I never wanted to go back. I haven't been in contact with anyone since the next morning. I had been staying with Rebecca, and once more started attending Gotham Academy. I had waited at a stop light waiting for it to turn red. I hesitantly crossed the street looking, both ways. I have never put on that Catgirl suit since then. It is locked away in the back of my closet, untouched. I didn't want anyone else to get hurt. So I haven't been out as Catgirl. I was making my way to an alleyway...to meet Britney. I continued to walk down the street until I found the correct alley. There was a dark figure standing there, too slim to be a man, it had to be Britney.

"Well, well, well" She spat "Look who's crawling back to me"

I rolled my eyes and continued to speak "This is the only time we will work together, Britney."

"So what is it that you need catgirl?"

"Never call me that again...I need you to help Damian."

She started to laugh hysterically "Catgirl wants ME to help bring back her love?, so sweet" She taunted.

"I just need to see his face again..." I crossed my arms and tilted away from her a bit.

"Isn't that cute!" She blurted out.

"That's the least you could do! You're the reason I..." I started.

"Yea, I know, I know." She rolled her eyes.

"Can you bring him back?...Like you did for me" I looked up at her, right in her dumb looking face.

"And what's in it for me?" She whined.

"What do you want?!" I complained.

"Hmm...lets see..." she nagged "You are not allowed to talk to him for as long as you live" She smirked.

I sighed...at least he could live a better life without me. "ok, Britney"

She smirked evilly. "Alright then, give me 24 hours."

"Will he be attending any schools?" I sounded somewhat hopeful.

"Sure why not..but you still can't talk to him EVER!" She ordered.

    I nodded my head, assuring her that I wouldn't talk to him. Little did she know, my fingers were crossed behind my back. Without speaking to Britney anymore, I turned on my heel and walked down the alley.

~~~~~

    I soon arrived back at Rebecca's house and was greeted by the smell of food. I walked through the doorway and took off my shoes. I walked to the kitchen and noticed Rebecca didn't know I was home.

"BOO!!" I screamed in her ear.

"AHHHH" She shouted back, flinging potatoes everywhere. "GEEZE DON'T EVER DO THAT AGAIN!"

    I couldn't stop laughing at the mashed potatoes on the wall. I walked back to my room to change into pajamas. Once I walked in I turned to my closet, and opened it up. I caught my catgirl costume out of the corner of my eye and continued picking out pajamas. I found dark blue sweatpants and a black t-shirt. I slipped on the clothes and went back to the kitchen.

"BAHHHH!" I heard a loud scream behind me.

I didn't even jump and turned around to face Rebecca and raised my eyebrow

"Damn, forget you're a 'superhuman' " She pouted.

"Not, anymore" I mumbled.

"Oh right..." she backed away a bit, knowing it was a touchy subject.

    I was debating whether or not to tell her about the 'trade' me and Britney had made earlier. I sat down in the seat next to her mother and picked up my fork. I took a small bit of the potato off the wall and tasted it.

"Still good.." I shrugged. Rebecca and I soon burst out into laughter.

    Rebecca soon took her fork and we happily enjoyed the wall potatoes. Her Mother and brother both gave us a confused look. At least her brother decided to join in.We all finished dinner soon, and headed to the living room, and started to watch TV. After watching a few hours of tv, we all decided to depart to our bedrooms. I walked down the short hall to go to my room. I turned the knob and walked in. I laid down in my queen sized bed and soon fell into a slumber.