The last of my little resolve slipped away at his words and it was my turn to take the lead. I grabbed hold of Draco's hand and weaved through the corridors hoping to lose our peruser. I think it worked for a bit, so I started to take the others back to the entrance hall.

I pushed Draco out of the door and only paused for a second to see if anyone was coming up behind Snape. When the only other people I could see were our 'fellow' Death Eaters, I breathed a small sigh of relief before pushing Draco out into the grounds. I knew now, we couldn't afford to keep stopping.

The Death Eaters who were currently running alongside us didn't seem to agree with my last thought though. As we approached Hagrid's cabin, one of our group split off and ran towards it.

"Bella! What are you doi-" Snape shouted, not getting to finish his sentence as a burst of flame shot out of her wand and hit the cabin with a bang. The whole place went up in flames as my Aunt laughed, watching on without a care in the world.

"Are you stupid?" I yelled at her, not really thinking about what I was saying or who I was saying it to. Before she had the chance to reply, I cut over her, "What's he gonna think when some of his own Death Eaters get put into Azkaban for something like this?"

She looked stunned, but we didn't have long to dwell on it before we heard another voice. The jet of red light flew over Snape's shoulder and inches past Draco's head. I turned in a panic, thinking one of the other teachers had realised what we'd done. I even let out a sigh of relief when I realised it was only Potter.

"Run Draco! Keep each other safe!" Snape shouted, before turning back and walking towards Potter. I didn't get chance to see what was going to happen between the two, but Draco pulled me away so fast that I didn't even have chance to blink.

"We need to help him!" I told Draco, putting all my weight in my heels to try and stop our mad rampage towards the school gates. Draco carried on dragging me though, making the heels of my shoes drag the dirt along the ground with me. "Drake!"

"Mel, we can't! What if we get caught with the others? We'll just get into more trouble. If we just get home, we can avoid the confrontation with our teachers," he said. He sounded out of breath and on the brink of tears, so I didn't want to push him too much, but I also knew I couldn't just leave Snape, especially after how much he'd helped us.

Before I could protest further, I felt a shiver go through my body. Now, I didn't know if to be freaked out by this or not because after what I'd just witnessed I actually could have a ghost on my trail. Not being insensitive, just telling the truth, you know what it's like around Hogwarts.

I turned my head to see that the gates to Hogwarts had been opened without me realising. The aver down my spine I had just felt, came because we had just walked through the protective enchantments. How? I have no idea, but I'm guessing Snape had something to do with it. I had no chance to process this thought further before feeling a tight squeezing around my lungs and was surrounded by blackness.

**

It had been four days since the terrible day in the Astronomy Tower. In those four days, my world had been flipped on its head in a matter of seconds. I'm not even over exaggerating, believe me. I wish it could be like normal, but just as I had predicted, nothing was going to be the same.

"When do you think he's finally going to talk to everyone?" Draco asked me. He was laid at the end of my bed, throwing a small ball up into the air and catching it again when it came down. I looked up from the book I held in my hand to meet his grey eyes.

"I don't know, hopefully soon. I don't think I can take anymore 'congratulations' from anyone. If he says something, it'll likely overshadow our 'triumph'," I told him, air quoting some of my words. It had been horrible. Every time one of us left our room, we would constantly be patted on the bag or have our hands shaken because of our 'amazing' mission completion.