Before I could make my way over a supple palm halts me, as it grabbed my own in a slight vice. "Wassup baby ." slithered towards my being smoothly .
The mean mug of 'Nigga, what the fuck you grabbing me for ?' swiftly melted into a'Aw hell naw . Well looky here!' smirk.
I knew his coffee toffee ass from anywhere . From his bald head that the flashing lights illuminated to the crisp dark charcoal Jordans that he rocks on his phalanges .

"Uncle Lance !" I shrieked in astonishment as he engulfed me into a tight embrace .
'He smell so good !' "How you been Ladybug ?" He asked as we rocked from side to side . "Fine ." I drawled out with my pearls in full effect . We checked eachother out in a 'Damn it's been a long time.' manner . "You growing up on me Ladybug ! Look at you B. I remember
when you was alil' shorty running behind me and shit ." Uncle Lance chuckled heightening his hand to his abdominal area for emphasis of my height .
'Here he go with his cool ass ! Smooth ass .'

Uncle Lance , Uncle Lance ... yall ever had one of them family members that you had alil' crushy crush on but, the shits foul because ya'll kin; know I'm sayin'.
That's how it was for me . Well I didn't know we was family but, I knew. I was just alil' cupcake at the time but, I was attached to him like it was my sixith sense.

'A bruva' from another muva' .' as pops would say, Lil' bruva' at that. They are thick as thieves . He was around when he could be . The apple didn't fall too far from the tree . He all about his dinero , his coins just like my pops . He was just mad cool and smooth as hell . Overtime I outgrew my sappy feelings as I should .
Now I see Uncle Lance every blue moon and, we shoot the shits when we can .

"Well I'm all grown up now. Ain't no more baby Ali, B ." I remarked giggly whipping my long tresses back . " I see that. I'm feelin' this fit though I can get jiggy with it. My lil' Ladybug , I see why Slim had your lil' ass under wraps yo." His eyes held admiration. I sucked my teeth in irritation . "Here you go." 'Nobody was even thinking about that. I'm free right now damn let me live.' He put his hands up harmlessly , " I'm not coming at you foul, Uncle Lance assured, just glad to see you out and about. You shining and shit.
Just be careful is where I'm getting at ,feel me ?" He elaborated .

My defenses vacated slightly as I nipped his black expensive clad shoulder. "Yea I feel you Uncle Lance. I got me trust !" I expressed confidently. "Ahite that's all ya Uncle Lancey wants to hear." He admits using the nickname I gave him back in the day.
"I don't want to have to bust a cap in nobody ass." I sniggered at his protectiveness and, the ticklish tingles that radiates down my arms as he squeezes them. "That won't be needed Rambo. No asses need to be capped sir." I remarked with a humorous grin.

"Ahite, he sighs as if to say 'good.' "Well I'm about to head up here to shoot the shits with ya muffin head ass Pops." He said pulling me into a side hug while kissing my forehead . "Chill on my Pops ." I defend amusingly . "Be good Ladybug ." He stated seriously his dark browns scrutinizing mine .
"I'm always good baby ."

~~~

By the time I got over to the bar where E was at, she was already waving me over .
The crowd kind of simmered down because the DJ was spinning lil' chill jams everyone could vibe to .

"You lil' heffa I can't believe you left me twisted in the wind like that ." I exclaimed with mild pisstivity, as soon as I reached Erica . Hands on my slim curvy waist and all . Her smile never faltered as she enveloped me in an abrasive but, inviting one arm clutch by her side. "Awe, Alijah stop buggin' girl. Let me get you a drink ."
She suggested waving the tender over with her free hand.