New Year, New Opportunity

Nicholas walks into Gilbert Hall with both his bags and Chanel's.

Nick: Why do you have so many bags?
Drops all the bags on the ground.

Chanel: Walks in looking at her phone. Hey, be careful with those, daddy spent alot of money on that luggage.

Maxine walks in.

Max: You got everything?

Chanel: yes mama

Max: smiles. Alright. Nick, be gentleman and carry her bags to her dorm room.

Nick: but I jus-

Max: don't you talk back to me boy

Nick: grunts. Fine. Picks up all the bags and takes them upstairs to her dorm.

Max: you nervous?

Chanel: a little.

Max: Don't be. You have your big brother here to protect you.

Chanel: yeah

Max: smiles. I'm proud of you. You call me if you need anything, alright? Starts to leave.

Chanel: Mom?

Max:turns around. yeah?

Chanel: thank you

Max: your welcome, baby. leaves.

Upstairs with Nicholas.

Nick puts Chanel's bags down near her bed. Just as Carmen walks in.

Carmen: Um, can I help you? I know the dorms are co-ed now but I think you got the wrong room.

Nick: No, uh sorry, these are my sister's bags, I was just carrying them for her.

Carmen: It's cool. I'm Carmen Wayne. What's your name?

Nick: I'm Nicholas Barker, you said your last name is Wayne?

Carmen: wow, I can already tell you're a good listener.

Nick: Wayne as in Dwayne Wayne and Whitley Wayne?

Carmen: yeah, those are my parents

Nick: Your parents are like legendary here.

Carmen: thanks, hopefully I will be too.

Christopher walks in after hearing Nicholas talking.

Chis: heeyy Nick! Gives him dap. When did you get in, man? Ooh and who's your friend?

Nick: Laughs. I just got in, and this is Carmen, she's a Wayne. Carmen this is Chris.

Chris: oooh, you know my parents were friends with your parents back in the day.

Carmen: pretending to be interested. Really?

Chris: yep. Freddie and Ron Johnson.

Carmen: Interesting, now if you guys don't mind I'd like to unpack.

Chris: Are you a freshman? Cuz you're really pretty. Do you need help unpacking?

Nick: Come on, Chris. Let the girl unpack.

They walk out just as Skylar is coming up the stairs and going into her room.

Nick: There she is, my future wife.

Chris: Man, you been checking her out since last year. When are you gonna ask her out?

Nick: I can't just ask her out. What if she says no?

Chris: Why would she say no? You're a music major, and she's a music major, you're perfect for each other.

Nick: no, she's perfect.

Chris: Think about it, the sooner you ask her out, the sooner you'll both be making beautiful music together.

Nick: Whatever, man.

Chris: I'll tell you what, you ask Skylar out on a date and I'll ask Carmen out. That way we can double date.

Nick: Thinks about it for a second. Ok... But not today she's probably busy, we'll just do it tomorrow.

Chris: It's a bet.

They shake on it.
.

.

.

.

What did you guys think? Should I continue this story? Vote and leave a comment. ;)