Chapter 24

"Oh my god I'm going to fucking die!". Oh god, this was real, this was really real! What the hell am I going to do?! I was quickly brought out of my panic when a sharp slap stuck my face, holding my cheek and staring at my best friend flabbergasted, ".....Bitch?" "Control yourself!". I made indistinguishable sounds as I tried to figure out what the hell to say, "....Are you fucking SERIOUS!? I have a threat note in my locker!" "I would call it a strongly encouraged warning." "They used MURDER letters!" "What if they didn't have a pen or pencil?" "....Are you fucking NUTS?!". I couldn't believe this, I could very well die any moment and she thought this was just some God damn Clue game! "This isn't some God damn Clue game!". Okay, if something needs to be said it needs to be said.
"Dude, Sno, listen," Eileen begun, as if explaining how a jackets she borrowed is singed and torn, which has happened before. "This isn't as bad as you think it could be. It COULD be so much worse!" "....HOW is that suppose to help!?" "BECAAUUuuuse this is somewhat awesome!". I need to reevaluate my friendship. I gave a heavy sigh and massaged my temple as I felt an oncoming migraine and begun to walk to class with her, "And how is 'somewhat awesome'?" "Because what are the chances people get tangled with the mafia!" "The chances people are smart and lucky, and we don't know if it's the mafia.". I rolled my eyes as she groaned as if she couldn't believe me, flopping down in her seat while I sat down in mine next to hers, "It's so OBVIOUS! Warnings at gunpoint, a person afraid of your smokin' boyfriend's family, and the letter!? Total mafia! I'm going the Italian, that boy is too pretty to be anything else." "You need therapy." "I told you to stop talking with my counselor!".
I breathed out heavily through my nose and set my chin in hand while looking at her, "You should take her advice, she is a professional." "Professional my ass! I think that psychology degree is a fake!". I gave a amused nod in response, her ADD quickly veering the topic away from the threat letter to the legitimacy of her counsel's degree thankfully. I directed my attention to my phone lazily when it pinged, notifying me of a message while Eileen started to talk some about clown college, going to my messages to see if maybe Andrew texted me. I stiffened, Eileen's voice sounding muffled when I focused on what I was seeing. It was me, sitting next to Eileen, at this exactly moment. It was a picture taken from outside from an unknown number. Another was sent. It was me, clammy and pale as I stared at the phone. I quickly looked up, looking around tensed. Another message, a picture me was staring straight at me.
"Sno? You okay, you look sick." "H-Huh? Oh, I'm, I'm fine." I assured quickly, shoving my phone in my pocket hurriedly, "I'm fine, I'm just a little sick from all that's happened, that's all. You know I get a bit sick when I'm too stressed.". Thankfully she nodded hesitantly, but I could still feel her watching me as I stared stubbornly at the chalk board I'm the front of the class. This was dangerous, I'm in actual danger. Somebody was watching me and telling me I already knew too much. But, I don't even know anything! At, at least I think I don't. What the hell could I possibly know? Was this all really just connected to Andrew? I don't know anything anymore, all I know is that a hot guy likes me and I like him because he's sweet and nice, but there's something scary about him too. Like, like some kind of instinct is telling me there's something dangerous about him, but that same feeling is also telling me it's not him I should be afraid of.
The class just seemed muffled to me for the rest of the period, like I was was locked off in a room some and could only catch faint sounds through a vent or space under the door but I didn't care to pay attention to it. That's what everything was like for me right now, I was aware but couldn't care less. Not when something, someone, was watching me. Watching me because of things I know or don't know that they don't want me find out about. Was I bring threatened? We're they going to hurt me? Kill me? Fuck, everything is so messed up right now! I was being threatened by someone who might as well be fucking invisible!
I was pulled from my nerve wrenching worries by another message, looking down at my phone and squinted, trying to figure out what the hell I was looking at. Instead of a picture it was an actual message, typed in a language I was definitely not familiar in having taken only French since I begun high school. It was Spanish but was definitely similar to it as far as I could tell. I glanced at Eileen who stared with a spaced expression before going to work on having Google translate help me out. Once the internet figured out it was Italian, solely not telling Eileen about this or she'll be even more convinced it's the mafia, I went about to translating it. Unfortunately for me, it wasn't spam.
'Sno F. Lake, it would be the best course of action if you. were to no longer delve in finding information on Andrew King and his family. Dinner things are best left alone if you value the safety of your well being.'
What the hell? Someone was threatening, and they did it as if sending me a business letter! Who the hell is the person and who the hell do they think they are! I was frustrated from my mental rant when I received another message,
'An old personal, acquaintance, of yours did not heed his warnings.'
I hesitated when I was sent a picture. An old acquaintance? Finally gathering my nerves I tapped it open, the image nearly send me double over an wrenching. The work was spinning around me and I could faintly hear Eileen asking me if I was alright, but I wasn't. Not when the image was Lucas slumped against the wall, blood painting the wall behind his head, a hole through his skull after being shot execution style.