Chapter 16- Little Things

Jade

"Jade minahal na kita simula pa lang ng bata tayo."

Napahinto ako sa mga narinig ko. Mula pa nung bata pa kami?

"What? When we are still kids?" Tinignan ko ulit sya "We had just met. What do you mean by that?"

"Do you still remember Lil' prin?"

Wait how do he know him?

"How do you know him. He is..." Napatigil ako nang may na realize ako.

"Don't tell me you are..." Napapaitak na ako "Lil' prin?"

He paused in a minute "Yes." He sighed "Lil' prin is me."

"No... No... No... This cannot be" Tumulo na ang mga luha ko "You are joking. You can't be Lil' prin. He broke his promise. He broke my heart!"

"No Jade I did not broke my promise." Lumapit sya sa akin pero nag step back ako.

"Stop lying Harry!" Sinigawan ko sya "This is enough. You already hurt my feelings." Tumalikod na ako sa kanya.

Hindi ko na kaya ito. Sobra na ang sakit.

Your hand fits in mine like it's made just for me
But bear this in mind, it was meant to be
And I'm joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks
And it all makes sense to me...

Kumanta sya bigla. "That song..."

(***)

I know you've never loved the crinkles by your eyes when you smile...

"Jade you sing along." Lil' prin said.

You've never loved your stomach or your thighs, the dimples in your back at the bottom of your spine
But I'll love them endlessly

Naki sing along ako.

I won't let these little things
Slip out of my mouth
But if I do
It's you

It was our theme song before and that day I felt that I am special. I felt like I am living in a dream. A dream that can be reality. Hinding hindi ko makakalimutan ang araw na yun. I was very precious.

(***)

Oh it's you
They add up to
I'm in love with you
And all these little things

"Jade do you still remember our childhood theme song?"

"Of course I still remember that. I will never forget that." Lumuluha pa rin ako.

"Jade believe me I did not broke my promise. After my dad took me away from you. I waited eight years for me to fly home." Tears are also falling sa mga mata nya "When I arrive I rushed where you are living before but I found out that you moved already. I tried to look for you but I don't know where to start." Wipe nya sa tears nya.

"There is no time that I did not think of you. Every time I closed my eyes I always saw a picture of you. Sometimes I want a genie to bring me back to you. I know I hurt your feelings that day but I am very willing to fix it for you. I want to bring back all the things we shared together. If I could just turn back time and if I stayed beside you maybe... not maybe but surely I already have you. That's how much I care and LOVE you Jade."

"If you love me then prove it. I don't want to be hurt again. I don't want to see may heart torn again!" I said underneath my lungs.

He neared and cupped my cheeks "And if you let me I'll be the one to make you feel that love again."

Hindi ko mapigilan umiyak. Hindi ako makapaniwala na ang enemy ko ay ang first love ko. Sana totoo ito. Sana hindi ito biro.

"Shh don't cry Jade." He wiped my tears "I'll be here."

"Lil'... Prin..."