Clockwork

You had earned the nickname Clockwork due to the trademark object you left at each and every crime scene with a number labeling each victim, a pocket watch. So far within a month of being in Ikebukuro, you had killed 31 citizens, the majority being gang members or hitmen that belonged to that of an elite group but that put aside you were a naturally born killer, a psychopath if you will. You expressed no fear and never held back. Killing gave you a rush of adrenaline unlike anything else. After feeling exhausted from stalking your victim all night you took part in some well-deserved sleep and drifted off in no time.

You awoke to a beeping sound and rolled over slamming your fist down and ultimately breaking the beeping object beside you. Soon after waking from your daze you then realized what you had done and groaned at the alarm clock that used to read out 6 AM.

You got up out of bed and put on casual clothes accompanied by black combat boots.

You then turned on the Tv and continued your daily routine.

" Breaking news Clockwork strikes again, Clockwork claimed their 32nd victim in downtown Ikebukuro at precisely midnight last night. The victim had slash marks up and down their abdomen and along their neck. Citizens are advised to avoid the neighboring areas for the time being. In other news- " You turned off the Tv and sighed.

" They still haven't caught me yet huh? " A smirk slowly crept onto your face while the pain of keeping your laughter in was too much. You burst out laughing and didn't cease until you looked at the time.

" Well, i shouldn't keep them waiting~ "

" I wonder who it will be next?~ " You said with a grin while walking out of your apartment complex.

Time skip brought to you by airborne vending machines.

You walked around Ikebukuro until you set your eyes on an empty nearby park. The sun was slowly setting and as the time to claim your next victim inched closer you felt excitement overtake you.

" I can't wait! " You said loudly not knowing a figure was watching you closely from afar.

You walked over to a dark alley and climbed up the wall of the building to watch the scene play out. Below was a frightened girl who was looking around nervously.

" Is someone there? " She said in a frightened voice.

A loud thud was heard and the gang members revealed themselves.

" What's a hot chick like you doing out here this late at night? " A gang member asked.

She backed up at the question and tried to run away but before she could carry out her plan one of the men latched onto her and held a knife to her cheek.

" If you don't want us to mess up that pretty face of yours do as we say and keep quiet. " He said in a stern voice.

" Well, time for my entrance. " You mumbled to yourself.

You scaled down the building and landed on the concrete below you. Before the gang members registered your presence you landed a blow to all three of the men in one swift movement. The girl stared at you with undeniable terror that rested on her face, her hands were trembling. She looked at the bodies before her and ran. You didn't mind if there were witnesses because of the black mask you wearing that covered your mouth and half your left eye.

All but one of the men had stopped breathing, there was a wound along his side, a puddle of blood was forming around his body.

" Aww looks like I've broken my toys again, you know you'll bleed out soon would you like me to end your suffering? " You said as you stared at him with psychotic intentions in your eyes.

" Come now I need an answer I haven't got all day and I'm quite bored~ " You said impatiently.

The man didn't answer and continued to hold his side.

" Ahh, what a shame I guess it can't be helped. " You said as you grabbed a switchblade from your hoodie and stabbed his thigh twisting it while laughing hysterically.

The man winced and cried out in pain. This went on for a few more moments before you got bored and regained your knife.

" I'll be taking my leave now~ " You exclaimed while setting down a pocket watch with a number 33 etched on the back.

You quickly fled the scene and made your way up to the roof of a building. You were at the supposed " Suicide spot " Walking over to the railing and looking below you saw dried blood that will forever stain the concrete a dark crimson. You were startled by the sudden clapping of a dark figure approaching you.

" That was quite a show~ " The figure said with a devious grin on their face. Based on the voice you determined that the dark figure was a young man. You turned around and glanced at the man while retrieving your switchblade from your hoodie.

" Now, now there's no need for that, I'm only here to talk. " The man said.

The man walked out further allowing the moonlight reveal his features. The man wore a parka with fur trim, he had dark black hair like a raven, and his eyes shone a blood red. He inched closer to you and started examining your body.

" With skills like that you're definitely fit to be my pawn. " The man said with a grin.

" Your what ?! " You yelled at the raven haired man.

" I don't take orders from others besides who are you anyways ? " You questioned keeping your trusty switchblade at your side in case he tried anything funny.

" Oh how rude of me, my name is Izaya Orihara, now may I ask yours? " He said.

" Just call me (Fake Name) " You said.

" Not even a real name ? " Izaya pouted.

" How can you tell? " You asked the man.

" You're pretty easy to read even behind that mask. " He said.

" S-shut up " You said wishing you hadn't stuttered.

" Now, to get down to business I have an offer for you. " He said.

" Hmm? what kind of offer? " You said with an eyebrow raised.

" You have the traits of a killer I need someone like that on my side to work for me. " He explained.

" So, essentially I'd be a hit woman? " You questioned.

" That's it precisely. " He said clapping his hands together while a grin spread on his face.

You took off your mask and held your hand out to him, revealing your left eye that had a clockwork design.

" It's a deal. "

You stared at the man and let a smirk spread across your face.

" I'll make sure you won't regret this." The male said.

You heard shuffling behind you as if somebody was trying to keep quiet. You looked over only to find that someone had been eavesdropping the whole time.

" It's not nice to eavesdrop on people ya know? Well, looks like I'll just have to do something about it~ " You said as your left eye struck midnight.