"Did you see the look on his face?" Alex smirked at me. "I thought he was going to have a stroke."

           "Me too." I met his green eyes. He took my hand, squeezing it lightly. "There are others that you should meet. They should know that you are CEO." I nodded at him in return.

For the rest of the night, he introduced me to various CEOs and other chief officers from other companies. Some already knew that I had been named CEO and others had the same reaction as Allan. They were all astounded that a woman was taking charge of the company.

            "How is it so surprising?" I whispered to Alex, who was drinking. He kept taking any glasses out of hand, not letting me drink.

             "In the corporate world, there are rarely any woman CEOs. They will get used to it." he took a sip of champagne.

            "Give me a-" I raised my hand trying to take it from his hand.

            "No." he cut me off. "Lay off the alcohol."

            "You should too." I sighed at the empty glass. Maybe, he was right. I should lay off the alcohol. It had increased within the last few months. I was turning into a heavy drinker. "Fine but you will too." I took the empty glass placing it on an empty table. "We should not drink for a few weeks."

            "You want to make a bet?" Alex arched an eyebrow with a grin. I couldn't help smiling back at him.

           "Okay so no drinking for a month." I started. "And I want two weeks off."

            "Me too." He sighed longingly at the glass. "Deal."

            "Deal," I took his hand, shaking it.

It was rather boring to not drink and to only eat the appetizers. Not only that but we went around the event introducing ourselves. Other companies had to see that we were a united front with a company that was thriving. It was kind of annoying to keep a fake smile on all evening. 

Alex and I left a few hours later after being bored. Not drinking at these types of events was going to be difficult.

           "You remember I told you I had something to talk to you about," Alex told me when we got home. I kicked off my heels. Alex wasn't taking off his jacket or loosening his bowtie.

            "Yup," I settled down on the couch and fell back on it. My feet were killing me. "What is it?" I couldn't help narrowing my eyes at him.

           "Let me tell you that I didn't agree," He kneeled in front of me. I couldn't help crossing my arms across my chest, waiting. "The CEO from the Mill manufacturers that we signed with a couple of weeks ago, offered me a commission if I get Kyoto to sign with them."

My eyes narrowed at him, "It took you this long to tell me." I let out an annoyed breath of air.

           "It happened a week ago and besides you and I weren't talking. We met up earlier in the day before meeting up with our parents." He told me.

I took a deep breath.

           "Well thanks, I guess." I shrugged, leaning back into the couch. "What did you father say?"

            "Like I said, if you had kept your mouth shut you would have noticed that he-" He cleared his throat. "He doesn't want the company to succeed." He sat down next to me. My eyebrows rose upward. "He wants your grandpa's company, and he doesn't like it that you are doing so well," he let out a snort of air. "That's why you had to marry me in the first place. He thought you would fail. But because we are doing so great. He's giving me the credit." I knew the last bit. In fact, none of it surprised me. 

"Well, good to know. Why are you telling me this?" I couldn't help being surprised by the fact that he was being honest with me.

         "You know I hate my dad. He's an asshole, besides he used me. I don't like that." he shrugged with a deep sigh.

"I'm sorry for not defending you." He told me, taking my hand. "That was messed up."

            "Yeah it was but you are making up for it." I leaned forward, and met his lips gently. "So, truce." I held out my hand to him.

              "Better yet, a treaty. We are on our own side. Screw them." he took my hand and shook it firmly.

              "I have an idea for what we can do with that commission." I smiled at him, lifting my eyebrows at him. He blinked at me but he nodded. I took his jacket in my hands and slowly pushed it off his shoulders.

"I've missed you." I leaned forward, unbuttoning his shirt.

             "Me too." He grasped my face, he lifted it up. "I am really really sorry."

             "I know you are." I took his face in between my hands. His eyes were soft and gentle. It was a look I rarely got to see on his face. "Thanks for telling me about your dad."

              "I figured it was the least I could do." he leaned in forward, he traced my lips with his thumb. I closed my eyes, feeling his finger on my lips. I kissed his thumb gently, sucking on it. His other hand ran down my back, pulling the zipper of my dress down.

               "Be gentle," I whispered, his lips were only a few inches against mine. I felt like I was trying to tell him something else.

               "I promise, I will." He met my lips, taking me into his arms.