WT1| Are You Loyal? - 35

Start from the beginning

"Well, I'm good for today. Pick up tomorrow." Kayo said, giving me dap. I nodded.

"Alright, my nigga. See you tomorrow." I told him before grabbing Ava's hand and escorting her out.

Kayo didn't like Ava and that was completely for his own reason. I was not putting myself in the middle of that though because I didn't know anything about it and didn't want to know.

"I don't see why you even hang with him." Ava said, rolling her eyes as soon as we got in the car.

"Don't start." I told her, shaking my head.

"I'm just saying. You're capable of so much more." She said, running her hands through my hair.

I laughed a little. "Yeah? I guess."

Ava didn't know what I did and I wasn't going to tell her just like I wasn't going to tell Taylor at first.

Suddenly my mind traveled to Taylor and what it was she was probably doing or going through. It seemed like everyday where I wondered if she was happy or not. I wondered if she thought about me like I thought about her and if she had a distraction.

Smack!

"What the fuck, Tay- Ava! Shit!" I yelled, holding my face. She looked at me in disbelief.

"You almost called me her name again. Again? Like why is she always on your mind? I'm right here! You got all of this plus one, why is she on your mind?" She asked. I knew she was expecting an answer. I didn't want to hurt her though then I'd be stuck thinking about her all day.

I started the car. "Don't put your hands on me no more, Ava." I told her before pulling off.

Ava was pregnant. It was mine.

She reminded me of other Taylor when she was pregnant, always threatening to abort it if she didn't get what she wanted.

Ava wanted me to clear my mind of Taylor but I could never do that. She wasn't just anybody to forget. My loyalty wasn't with Ava, if anything I was here for the baby. Ever since she found out, she had been going overboard with everything. Now she felt like she owned me and I owed her everything. I should've known though being that our feelings weren't ever worth shit. We just enjoyed sex for two different reasons.

I headed home, zoning Ava out for the most part. I knew she was probably still yelling about Taylor and probably accusing me of thinking about her again but I was completely over it.

Even when we got in the house, she was still yelling. I honestly just wanted to backhand her at this point.

"Shut up!" I yelled over her. She looked at me like I was crazy.

"What?" She asked, filing her nails. "See, if you would stop thinking about that bitch you would know I had been stopped talking bout the bitch."

She then got up and walked up the stairs. I sighed. What was I going through?

My phone vibrated with a notification of a text message.

Trouble in paradise?

It read. I looked at the text, confused. The number wasn't familiar so I couldn't be sure. I decided not to text back but moments later it texted again.

No response? Lol wouldn't you like to know who this is?

Now I did. Instead of texting back though, I called.

"Someone told me you'd call." I heard. It was a female. My mind drifted through memories.

"Who is this?" I asked, unamused. The woman reminded me highly of Melonie with that annoying calls shit.

"It's Nai, silly. After talking to you yesterday, I just had to find your number, you know? To talk business, of course." She said. I rubbed my temples. "Don't look so stressed."

"What...? Are you fucking watching me, you creep?" I asked. Yep, definitely another Taylor.

"Well, when you put it like that I sound like a stalker." She then laughed. "But that's neither here nor there."

"I think it fucking is. What do you want?" I questioned.

"You. This game. Honestly, I want a little bit of everything." She said causing me to laugh.

"What game?" I quizzed.

"Well obviously the one you single handedly snatched from my brother. I mean, damn, him and my nephew? Even I couldn't pull that off without someone thinking twice." She said.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I told her before leaning back in my seat.

"Yeah, I know. You didn't kill them. But we know who did... Well I do. Same as I know who killed your brother, your father,... Taylor's sister, what's her name? Torrie. Damn, I know a lot." She said with a laugh. "Wouldn't you also like to know?"

I chuckled to myself. "I could care less about all that shit. Wanna know why? Because they're, just as you said, dead. You're no use to me, Nai.. is it? And I didn't snatch anything from your family. If anything you did."

I then hung up the phone.

You should not have did that.

She texted. I ignored it and closed my eyes to go to sleep. I have nothing to lose.