"I think that's a good idea. Plus if you really liked Dominic then you wouldn't of even been temped by August."

She was right but despite what happened between me and him it wasn't happening again.

A U G U S T

It was damn near six and I was sitting on the couch at my mom's watching some kiddie movie with Liyah. Her eyes were glued to the screen while I kept looking down at my phone checking the time and waiting until Kash got here.

Every since I got out Kash has been fucking wit my head. If it wasn't what she was saying it was what she was doing. From pulling out guns on me to threatening me. I thought that I had gotten through to her that night she cried in my arms but last night she was on some other shit.

I was happy as hell when she started insinuating she wanted me but as soon as she got hers in she told me to bounce. She treated my ass like some hoe ass nigga. I was pissed the fuck off and on top of that Deja kept blowing up my phone the whole time as if she knew I was up to know good. Not that it mattered what I did or who I did because we weren't together.

I popped up at her place after I left Kash's and she started questioning me, asking me what I was doing that I couldn't answer my phone. Instead of explaining myself to her I told her straight up none of her business. Instead of going back and forth with me like I knew she wanted to she apologized and dropped down to her knee's did what I needed her to do.

The doorbell brought me out of my thoughts.

"Mommy," she smiled forgetting all about the movie and sliding down off the couch. She took off towards the front door and I followed behind her. She knew better not to open the door so she stared up at me patiently waiting for me to open it for her. Soon as it was she moved past me and hugged Kash's legs.

"Hi Baby," Kash smiled bending down and hugging her, "Did you miss me?"

She nodded her head up and down, "Me and Daddy watch Princess and Frog."

"You aren't tired of that movie yet," Kash asked but instead of answering Liyah grabbed her hand.

"Come watch it with us," she pulled her to the living room which was good because I wasn't ready for them to leave yet. Instead of acknowledging me, Kash walked right by me, like I wasn't even standing here.

This is the shit I'm talkin' bout.

Once I locked the door back and walked back to where they were they were sitting and watching the rest of the movie. Kaliyah was spread out with her head in Kash's lap and I sat on the opposite end her feet barely touching me. I glanced at Kash and she just faced forward eyes on the screen not saying a word.

Twenty minutes later the movie was off and I had hardly noticed. I was to busy staring at Kash. She used to hate when I stared at her, would beg my ass to stop and now she was actin' like I wasn't even here.

After the movie went off I turned the TV off and smiled at Kaliyah.

"C'mere."

She walked up to me and I picked her up and kissed her on her cheek.

"Go upstairs and play with your toys. I have to talk to your momma."

Soon as I said toys she took off running.

"Stop running," Kash called out after her and once she was out of sight Kash sighed and looked me over. I looked her up and down and licked my lips thinking of the other night.

"So you aint got nothing to say to me?

She looked at me and smiled, "Oh yes I do actually."

She got quiet so I waited for her to speak.