The Heart Of A Killer Is A Curious Thing Part 10

Chapter 11:

.:Allie:.

Watching Matt's transformation, I had to close my eyes to keep from screaming.

It's just too much.

Blood splashing everywhere, claws, teeth.

And the screams.

Never before have I heard such a horrific nightmare of a noise.

Then I'm pinned down to the concrete.

His claws stab into my arms, holding me beneath him as he leaned over me.

His breath reeked of rotting meat and I felt like I was going to vomit.

"I'm really sorry Allie, really I am, but I think I'd like to kill you now." He snarls.

Then there's darkness.

I can't see anything, but I can still hear and smell and feel...

I can hear his heavy breathing, the sickening tear of flesh...my flesh. I can hear screams. Mine and Tessa's mixed to make one long, seemingly endless hell.

Most of all I can feel the pain.

I can feel the skin opening, the claws scraping along my insides, playing my ribs like a xylophone. I can feel my life pouring out of me as he hurts me further, taunting me into insanity.

"Bailey...please help me."

My pleas are forced to helpless gurgles as I feel the blood seeping out from my throat.

.:Bailey:.

"Are you ready your majesty?"

Nodding, I fix my tie and crack my neck from side to side, "Yeah. I'm ready."

William links his arm with mine, "As your neither your father, nor your mother could be here today, I have taken it upon myself to represent them both at the ceremony."

I smile, "Of course. I appreciate your kindness Will."

We stroll down to the palace courtyard where the wedding will be taking place and I grimace when my gaze falls upon the thousands of people here to witness their new kings step into marriage.

"Everything is going according to plan your majesty." William murmurs to me as we wander up to the pedestal.

Standing there, I close my eyes and attempt to steady my nerves as I listen to the orchestra as they play.

Suddenly the music changes and opening my eyes, I see her.

Hair tied up in an elaborate bun, wedding gown tight around her shapely figure and expression one of pure bliss. With her bouquet clutched tightly between her fingers, she looks every bit a bride on her special day.

I should be happy, proud to be marrying such a beautiful woman...

.:Victoria:.

My hands around his throat, pinning him to the ground and Lyle pinning his middle down, we stare down at Adrian.

"Why? Why are you so desperate for the crown."

But he doesn't reply.

Adrian's eyes are glazed, empty.

Then he starts laughing.

He sounds like a hyena, crazed, sick.

"You're too late." He grins.