7. Journal

NARRATOR'S P.O.V.

As you enter the mall, Kuroo can already tell how uneasy you are. He frowns and reaches out to pat your head, or put an arm around your shoulder, or hold your hand for comfort, but he stops himself.

Too soon, He thinks, Too soon. Kuroo's eyes then drift to the bruises on your arms and legs. They're quite visible since you're just wearing a short sleeved shirt and a pair shorts. You feel his gaze on you and you turn around. His eyes widen and he turns away.

"I swear I wasn't checking you out." Kuroo blurts out, causing you to snort. You cover your mouth to prevent any more laughs from escaping in order to not embarrass Kuroo. Your eyes then drift to a story filled with cute items, catching your attention.

"Kuroo-san, do you mind if we-"

"Let's go." Kuroo cuts you off and drags you into the store. You grin at him and start to explore the store.

There were a lot of cute stuff, such as Pokemon dolls, mechanical pencils with animals on top of them, and journals with pastel colors and animal stickers. One F/C  journal catches your attention. On the top right corner is a F/A (favorite animal) sticker and tied to the journal is a pen to match it. On top of the F/C pen is a very small figurine of your F/A. Kuroo notices how you're paying a lot of attention to it, and grabs one. With that journal, he gently hits the back of your head.

"Anything else you want that'll make me go broke?" Kuroo asks, a smirk on his face. Your eyes go wide and you shake your head, taking the journal from him.

"I c-can pay for myself!" You protest,"You've already gotten me a new phone! That's enough!" Kuroo rolls his eyes and takes the journal out of your hand.

"I already know that you love F/A, so do you want a plushie of it?" Kuroo points to the shelf filled with plushies of your F/A. Your eyes glisten with excitement, which Kuroo catches. He sighs while grabbing a plushie and walks toward a cashier.

"W-wait! Kuroo-san!" You grab his hand, causing him to turn to you.

"Fine. You pay half then." Kuroo says, dragging you to the cashier.

Once the two of you pay and head out of the store, Kuroo hands you the bag. You take it, smiling at him guiltily. He only smirks and pats your head.

"Now you owe me two things." Kuroo teases while leaving you behind.

"Two?!" You exclaim. Kuroo then stops in his tracks and puts a finger up.

"Wait, three actually!" He says, causing your jaw to drop.

"T-Three?!" You shout. Everyone turns their heads to you with wide eyes.

"First, I got you ice cream. Second, I got you a new phone. And third, I got you that."Kuroo points to the bag with your plushie and journal. You look away guiltily.

"S-sorry." You mumble,"I should've paid for myself. W-what should I do to make it up?!" Kuroo is taken aback, but he flashes a smirk at you. He taps his cheek with his index finger, and you get what he's trying to say. A dark blush spreads across your cheeks and you tighten your grip on the bag.

"Don't leave me hanging, L/N-chan." Kuroo teases, causing you to flinch. You sigh while walking towards him, trying to bring up every inch of confidence you have left. You look up at him with a nervous expression, and he realizes that maybe he's going too far. Kuroo steps away, making you look at him all confused.

"Wha-"

"You can pay me back another time." He says," Actually, another 3 times."

"B-but with what?!"