He grabbed my hand and started to lead me toward the entrance to the building. I followed him without a struggle, there was nothing that struggling would get me at this point.

A kind looking woman met us at the door, but I wasn't fooled. She was the enemy. 

"Who's this?" she asked smiling down at me. 

I refused to open my mouth. There was no way I was going to give her any information about me. She's the enemy. 

"Rose Pixie McFea," my captor said, "She is six years old. Her cognitive skills are a few years advanced though, as is her vocabulary. She also has an impressive capacity to stay calm."

"Don't forget her stubborn streak. Dude, she's like, I'm not gonna do what you say if I don't feel like it," the dark eyed one said coming up behind me. 

"Impressive," the lady mused, "Do you think she might be a Luna then? That's really rare for a human."

"I'm almost positive. She almost got away from us."

The lady looked at me with a new found curiosity in her eyes, "Interesting. Regardless of mate status she's going to cost someone a lot of cash."

I could feel anger start to rise. They were talking about me as if I weren't standing right here. I pulled the grey eyed one's hand up to my mouth and bit with all my might, not letting go until I could taste the coppery taste of blood in my mouth. He let go and brought his hand up to his face in amazement, and everyone started to look at the damage in surprise. 

Taking advantage of the distraction I ran toward the nearest tree and climbed it as high up as I thought the branches would hold me. 

The trio finally snapped out of their shock and ran to the base of my tree. "Ben guard the tree until she comes down. Sedrick follow me and we will fill out the paperwork to check her in," the woman said unconcerned. 

The dark one nodded at her and the grey eyed one started to walk back toward the house. 

I snorted in annoyance at the way they just brushed off my escape attempt. They didn't realize what I was capable of. Of course, this would work to my advantage.

It took all night but eventually the dark one, Ben, fell asleep while he was waiting for me to come down. When his soft snores started to fill the air I slowly and silently started to creep down the tree.

My feet hit the ground with a soft thud and I took off running through the forest. Quietly dodging the trees and bushes. 

Water, without water I wouldn't be able to run much longer. I felt like I was dying of thrust. 

The sound of a river reached me at about the same time as the doggy like howl that meant that they knew I wasn't in the tree anymore. 

I started to look back every-so-often as I ran. First checking that I wouldn't hit any trees before taking quick glances behind me. One of my glances wasn't quick enough.

The bush scraped my legs as I tripped over it and fell into the river with a loud splash that I hoped the doggies wouldn't hear. 

My head slipped under the surface of the water as I floated along the river; replacing the air I needed with choking water. My right foot smashed against a rock while I was under water and I could feel warm blood start to seep out from under my sock. I wanted to scream and cry from the pain, but I didn't have enough air for that. After what felt like an eternity I broke the surface of the water and I was smashed against a rock on the far shore. Seeing this as a blessing, I wrapped my arms around the rock and clung to it like the lifeline that it was. Finally I was able to suck in the deep breaths that my lungs had been screaming for.