Return Of An Old Face

Start from the beginning

"He doesn't really care about that yet honey..." my mom replied softly, "He's just trying to figure out how you feel about him, right now."

"I don't know how I feel..." my twin sighed sadly.

"Yes you do." I said wisely, "You're just afraid to say it sweetie..."

"Your sister's right honey..." mom said.

My twin sadly replied, "Yeah. But I don't wanna lose him..."

"You're not gonna lose him." mom reassured.

"You're setting him free..." I said, finishing off her sentence.

I disentangled myself from my mom and she kissed my forehead.

"Your dad and I..." mom started to say but I pointed at myself, "...and your sister will be there soon to pick you up. Just wait for us sweetheart..."

I grabbed my coat before heading to the front door to find my mom waiting for me and my dad starting the car up. We quickly headed for the bonfire.

When we arrived, I quickly caught sight of my sister so I pointed her out to my parents.

"There..." so my dad honked the horn to get her attention. 

There was a man garbed in a leather jacket talking to her

There was a man garbed in a leather jacket talking to her. Who was he? Dad drove up to Elena and the man was gone. Mystic Falls is such a small town, I'll see him again.

Elena got into the car and we headed home.

The drive was calm and Elena and I was sat in the back in comfortable silence; I was sat in the middle back seat and she had her head on my shoulder and I stroked her hair comfortingly.

We approached Wickery Bridge when I felt a horrid feeling begin to sink in my stomach.

"GRAYSON!" I heard my mother scream and the world turned black.

*

"Dad? Dad?" I heard Elena shout.

"We're gonna be okay..." I heard him reassure as the world started blacking out around me again.

*

It was the last thing I remembered that night. The next thing I knew, I was in a hospital with my twin, my brother, my aunt, uncle and friends surrounding my hospital bed.