Chapter 1: Speed Trapped

Gemma's POV

Last night was a blur. All I remember was Chase comforting me to sleep and, before that, me telling him about the vision. I mean, I wouldn't call it a vision, maybe a dream? Nothing else happened, apart from the fact that I had the same vision/dream that night.

"Tonight's the night! The new frozen yogurt shop is opening! Fifty-two flavors, and four of them are sugar-free." Chase announced, his voice breaking me from my thoughts. We were all in the lab, and by all, I mean, Chase, Bree, Adam, Leo, Big D and me. I was sitting on Chase's lap, while Bree sat opposite us, brushing her hair. As soon as Chase said that, Bree and I looked at him strangely. "Oh, who are you kidding? You passed out the first time you discovered nail polish, thanks to Gemma."

Bree shrugged and looked at her recently painted nails, as I gave Chase a look and said, "You say that as if you're accusing me of something."

Chase smiled cheekily and I huffed, playfully hitting his chest.

"I've heard of those yogurt places." Adam stated, walking over to us, wearing a long, dark green jacket. "They get you by charging extra for toppings. So, I'm bringing my own." He finished by opening the jacket and I was not surprised at the amount of toppings Adam had packed. I mean, it is Adam for you. "You don't even wanna know what's in my pants." With that being said, he brought down his hands and slapped his thighs. "Aah! Ooh! Hot butterscotch! Ooh!"

"Guess we found out what was in his pants, then." I said, turning to Chase and he smiled, pecking me with a chaste kiss on the lips.

Big D sighed and walked over to us and said, "Sorry, you guys are coming home straight after school. So no flavors, no froyo, no hanging with the bros, peeps, and homies."

Bree and I looked at each other strangely and said at the same time, " 'Bros, peeps, and homies?' "

Big D nodded and Bree clearly stated, "Don't. Just... no."

Big D sighed again and walked over to where Leo and Adam were standing. "What's got you so grouchy? They run out of human footstools at the rich-guy club?" Leo joked as he noticed Big D's sudden change of mood.

Big D turned to face him and said, "Did you forget your little buddy Marcus found the lab yesterday? He could've discovered our bionic secret."

Bree suddenly stood up, setting her brush aside and said, "Oh! Okay, so it's our fault that your million-dollar smart home system didn't stop him?" I turned around, twisting around on Chase's lap, making him whimper.

I frowned in confusion and whispered, "You okay?"

"Just fine." Chase said, but his voice was strained. He looked down at his lap, and he gestured for me to get up, so I did.

"Don't go there, super girl." Eddy said, appearing from his screen. "I was getting my beauty sleep. Something you might want to look into." Adam and Chase looked at each other and 'ooh'ed childishly. I rolled my eyes and nudged Chase.

"Look, it doesn't matter whose fault it was, even though someone was supposed to be watching him." Big D said, pointing his finger at Leo as he said that last part.

"Well, technically someone pulled Leo away, letting Marcus roam free." Leo argued, pointing his finger at Big D. I rolled my eyes and waited for someone to say something stupid, preferably Adam.

"Guys, I think you're talking about each other." Adam said, clearly lost about this whole situation. And there you go.

"Bottom line, I am keeping a tighter leash on you three. And Leo and Gemma, because I can't always be there, you have to step it up and do a better job of watching out for them." Big D said and hesitated, before saying, "Wait, no, just Leo. You, young lady, had a detention yesterday, so I don't think you're a very good role model."