Chapter 1

Riley's POV

(A/N: Michelle isn't here yet, she comes later in the story)

My name is Riley, I'm 17 years old, and I go to the next step studio. I always hang out with my best friend James, who is always there for me. Well, used to be...but I've been torn ever since he got pulled from the studio last year. But we still talk every now and then. Ok, maybe every day. Anyways, I get bullied, A LOT, all because of one accident.

It was the day of regionals. James wasn't there, since he was pulled out of the studio. We were all ready to do Emily's routine. When we were half way through the dance, until a bright stage light landed on me and it was so hard to see. I couldn't see the placements, the moves we were doing, nothing. I just messed up, bumped into people, and did the rest of the moves wrong. Right when we got off of the stage, the whole team started yelling at me. Even my own sister. Luckily, they didn't say they were going to kick me out next year. But it was terrible. They yelled at me, swore at me, pushed me around, all because I ruined their chances of winning regionals. Even Kate yelled at me. And we came in last place. I never told James because....I didn't want him to hurt anyone, even if they hurt me. So now, I'm sitting In the studio, trying not to be noticed so I won't get bullied. And I never told James.

"RILEY GET IN YOUR LINE PLACEMENT NOW!!" Emily yelled. I said nothing and ran to my place.

"You better not mess up this time!!" She yelled. I think the only reason Kate and Emily let me back in A-Troupe was so they could torment me to get revenge.

We did they routine and of corse, Emily yelled at me again and again. The other teammates agreed with her. I still can't believe they all ditched me. Even chloe!

Once rehearsal was over, I went to the washroom and called James.

J-"hello?"

R-"James! It's me Riley, whats up?"

J-"I'm doing ok, how's rehearsal?" I paused for a second so I could think of an excuse. I don't want James to find out I'm getting bullied, or else it's gonna get worse.

R-"um it was super good!"

J-"great! Oh guess what? I have a surprise for you!"

R-"what is it?"

J-"you'll see"

R-"fiiine" I sighed.

J-"see you-I mean talk to you later Riles!"

R"bye" I hung up. I wonder what the surprise is.

I slowly walked back to the studio and saw everyone sitting around the floor and talking. I wish I could join their conversation.

"Hey riley!! Get over here!" West yelled. I quickly ran over to them.

"You know we still can't believe you messed up the routine!! And you're going to pay!!" He yelled. He started to come closer and closer to me. I know he's about to hurt me. And I was right. He grabbed my shirt and made a fist, about to punch me in the face until James walked in.

"WEST! WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO RILEY?!"

___________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hey guys!! Chapter 1 done! Vote and comment plzzz! :) this is going to be a drama filled story :)