Mind Made Up

Emma

I opened the door to our house and made sure to close it behind me.

'Em is that you?" i heard my dad ask, his voice coming from the the livingroom.

"yeah dad it's me" I said as I walked towards his vioce.

Walking into the livingroom I saw my dad sat on the sofa with mom between his legs. Her head was resting against his chest while they hands were linked together ontop of her lap. I smiled at the affection my parents till had for each other after all the years they've been together.

My eyes shifted to the next sofa were my brother Tyler was sat stareing at his iPhone and texting away. I smiled at the realisation that my brother hadn't change at all. Aways the one texting away on family nights in and movie nights.

I walked and pop myself down on the sofa Tyler was sat on.

"eeerrrmmmm....dad, can you please pause the movie for abit while i say somithing"

i watch as the Tv screem pause on the lights slowly turned on. I knew everybody eyes were on me and they coukd see that I've been crying my eyes out from its redness and that i've been running from the mess my hair was.

"Dad..."

"Yes pomkin" i sniled a little at the nickname dad took to calling me from ever since i can remember.

"I'm taking the offer i was given by EMT Records to become a dancer to one of they artist."

slience met me after my announcement and i knew what they were all thing. As if to confirm my thoughts Tyler interrupted my thoughts with the questions.

"Why are you doing this?! I mean why so  so sudden...How about Josh? What does he think about this?

At the mention of his name i tense, very sure they all saw it. I drop my eyes from the Tv to my hands on my lap.

"It doesn't matter what Josh thinks...i really need this Ty"

"what happened?"

i knew question was coming espeacially when Tyle saw right through. This was one of the advantage and disadvantage of having a twin.

"I dont want to talk about it Ty."

Are you sure you want to do this? This is a massive step in your career and future and i just don't want yoto regret it one day."

"I'm sure about it Ty don't worry"

It was silence again and i realise my parents haven't spoken a word. I left my head and stare at them and find them staring at me with worried expressions.

"Em,are you sure you want to do this?"

"yea mam im sure" i reply back

"Ok then, im just making sure...i want you to be happy, you know that dont you??"

" This will make happy mam"

It was silent again for about 20 seconds before i hear dad get up from his sit and come over to me, pulling me into a hug.

I love you kid...i know you want this cause i can see it in your eyes. I just wish it wasn't under this circumstances you were making this decision."

"Thanks dad and i love you too"

"I'm coming with you Emmy"

I did't say anything to Tylers' decision because i knew there was no point disagreeing when he'd made up his mine and i have to admit i was happy he was coming.

So i was moving...to travel the world with some unknown artist. To try and forge the event today and heal up my wounds.

And i had no other than my other have to help my accomplish this. Tyler.