Chapter 25: A Broken Coccyx.

Začít od začátku

He wordlessly helped me into my seat when we got to his car and said nothing as he strapped his own self in. As I tried with failure to keep my weight off my butt bone, I was also trying to capture his expression in the dark. It was still blank.

He didn't look away from the road once the entire way to the pharmacy, and never looked me in the eye even when we got home. He pulled the covers over me silently and got in himself. Not a sound was heard in the room as we laid there, side my side, inches apart. I felt like crying again. Why hasn't he said anything yet? Will he ever talk to me again? Has he decided he can't be around someone so dependent on him all the time? I tried to shift weight in a more comfortable position, but all I did was jar the injured bone and cause a pathetic whine to escape my throat. I hope he didn't hear that.

"Tom?"

Ugh. He so heard it.

"Yea?" I answered.

"You okay?"

"No."

"What's wrong?"

"My ass hurts."

His giggle was the most beautiful sound I'd ever heard. "I really tried to catch you. I-I just wasn't strong enough."

"Or maybe my ass was too fat."

Another giggle. "You aren't fat. I love you."
Thank god the light was off, or else my blush would've been seen for sure. My face felt like it was on fire. After all that's happened, he still loves me. He's reassuring me that he stills wants to be around me.

"I love you too. Can you please hold me?"

"Of course."

His arms made the pain go away.

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked.

"You just did."

"Shut up. What were you going to say before I interrupted you and tried to jump off the damn wall?"

"Nothing. I should go get your meds, you need to take them before you go to sleep."

"You know I'm not taking any meds until you tell me Jordan."

"Then your butt will just have to hurt all day tomorrow. Goodnight."

"You aren't ditching me by sleeping. I will wake your ass up."

"I'm tired."

"And I'm a poor man with a broken coccyx who wants to know some simple information."

"It's embarrassing, Tom."

"Doesn't matter, you know I won't laugh at you. Tell me."

He sighed. "I wanted to tell you that...ugh. It seems so weird now, I don't want to say it."

"Say it!"

"Okay! Tom you're an amazing person and if those man whores want to hook up in dedication to hurt you, then it makes them...it makes them man whores! You're loyal and you're sweet, like a puppy and I love puppies. You're handsome, you're considerate even when you're being mean, and you care about people. I just want you to know that you are wonderful even if you think you aren't. Anyone would be lucky to have you, anybody. I'm lucky to have you in my life. And...if you still want to-..." He swallowed hard and sighed.

"If I still want to?" I pressed gently.

"If you still want to...to be involved in each other's futures, then...it's okay with me. I want you to be in my life for a really long time. Do you still want to...?"