Unnoticed Romance

"What is it, Amethyst?" Pearl asked, shifting uncomfortably. "I.... Garnet and Peridot are becoming GREAT friends!" Amethyst spoke, sighing to herself. Why couldn't she just tell Pearl how she felt? "...I knew that already, Amethyst." "Yeah, Well whatever, Pearl!" The purple gem hissed, and Pearl flinched. "What were you doing out here so early, anywa—" Amethyst hushed herself silently. "—Pearl, not again.." The purple gem sighed, and put her hand on her head, squeezing a chunk of her own hair. 'Was it Rose, again?' She thought to herself. "Amethyst, it isn't my fault! I miss her! I need her." Pearl yelled defensively, clutching her own chest. Then, thought about what happened this time. It still confused her. 'Why would Rose...' Her thoughts were cut off by Amethyst's sudden screech. "PEARL, YOU DON'T NEED HER!" Both gems were surprised of Amethyst's sudden scream. "...We have Steven, now. We have Peridot, Ruby, Sapphire, Connie, and Greg, too...! We are fine. We're here, as well. Isn't this enough for you? Can't you just accept that Rose is gone? Even if she was still here, she loves Greg. Some other gem might like you!! And it doesn't have to be her!" Amethyst reasoned, almost crying. Seeing this, Pearl began to tell her what happened this time. "Wait, really?" Amethyst asked after Pearl finished. "Yes... I—I don't understand..." "Pearl... It doesn't matter, like I told you. And besides, the Holographic Rose is different than the real one. Just like Holo Pearl! Some of what they do is based of memory, programmed by the summoner, or do what you think they'd do, even if you don't know that you think that. At least, that's how Garnet explained it." Amethyst shrugged. Pearl was silent, then hugged her knee's to her chest and laid her head upon them. Amethyst watched as Pearl sat still, in the same position, not moving, for 10 minutes. "...Pearl, earlier... I—I... Um, when I was going to tell you something...." Hearing this, Pearl raised her head from her knees, revealing watery eyes. She only did this because she knew what Amethyst said earlier sounded strange. "It wasn't orginally going to be what I said. I was gonna tell you how I felt about..." Amethyst sighed, looking down then closing her eyes. "...About you, Pearl." She finally finished, slowly looking up at the watery eyed gem. "What... What do you mean?" Pearl asked, confusedly. "P.... Pearl! You fill my heart with a burning passion! You make me go crazy! Fill my eyes with stars and make me talk funny! I see galaxies in your eyes! A beautiful ballerina from the way you walk! A caring Girlfriend from the way you talk! Your emotions, so hard to understand but so interesting! Your gem, such a snow white, so shined I can see my reflection, so hypnotizing..." Amethyst finally said it. Her true feelings, revealed. "Amethyst... Are you saying... You love me?" The way she said You love me, so sweet and kind, caring and hopeful. It melted the purple gem's heart like lava. "...Yes, Pearl. I love you." Amethyst confirmed, as Pearl thought over what she would reply with.... "Amethyst, I..."

Whoops! Did I leave it on a cliffhanger, again? Silly me! Anyway, Will Pearl say I love you back, or will the next chapter contain terrible heartbreak? Find out soon! Also, sorry for not using proper story rules, like making a new paragraph every time another person speaks. I'm too lazy. Take it or leave it lol