Two

The next morning, Ben awoke in someone elses house. He was too hungover to look around or care what girl he went home with.

"Finally! You're awake!"

The voice was so recognisable with their accent that Ben ended up sitting straight up, only to grab his head and mutter a "Fuck".

"We already did, honey." Denis muttered sitting next to Ben on the bed, "Sit back down, you'll just hurt yourself."

"What do you mean we already-"

Denis hopped up "Ah! I forgot I made coffee!"

"Wait-" Ben began but Denis had already left the room. Ignoring the pain throbbing in his head, Ben sat up and threw on his clothes that were scattered around the floor. Once dressed, Ben ran down the stairs and into the kitchen where Denis was sipping on a cup of coffee, another in his hand.

"If you'd just waited, I would've brought it up for you." Denis chuckled, "Didn't know you liked coffee so much."

"What do you mean we've already fucked?" Ben asked, ignoring Denis' previous ramblings about coffee.

Denis shrugged, sipping again, "You got drunk last night and I took you here because you wouldn't have made it home, and I was just being nice. And then I was just going to let you sleep before you were all over me, and begging me to fuck you and you just couldn't wait or keep your hands to yourself, so I did and I didn't know you were into all that kinky shit man, that was a surprise."

A blush formed on Ben's face, "What? You can't-"

Laughter cut Ben off, coming from Denis, who couldn't help but laugh even harder every second.

"I was joking! You should've seen your face!" Denis laughed, even harder if that was possible.

"So, you mean we didn't-"

Denis let out another round of laughter, "No! I wouldn't have, I was pretty sober and I wouldn't take advantage of someone in your state. All I did was take you to my room for you to sleep in, and next thing I know, you're taking your clothes off and dragging me into the bed with you and you fell asleep before I could get you off me."

Ben groaned, "Thank fuck. Now my head hurts even more."

The laughter ceased, and Denis reached into his cupboard, pulling out a small white bottle, "Go back to bed, I'll bring you medicine and coffee, yeah?"

Ben nodded, not in the mood to argue anymore and trodded back upstairs, flinging himself back on the bed and wrapping himself up in the duvet. It wasn't even a minute before Denis walked back into the room holding two cups and a few white pills in his hand.

"Here, take them." Denis said, sitting down on the bed and giving Ben the pills.

"How do I know you aren't trying to drug me to kill me or something?"

Denis laughed, "Sure, I could've just killed you last night."

Smiling slightly, Ben took the pills in one go and swallowed before taking a sip of the coffee Denis handed him.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" Ben asked after a few minutes of silence.

All Denis could do was shrug, "I don't know, I just have this desire to get to know you and stuff, instead of this stupid hatred we have for each other."

It was quite for a moment, before Ben began, "So, what do you want to know?"

Once again, Denis just shrugged, "I don't know, tell me about your friends, your family, your favourite song or colour, I don't know."

"You're quite invasive, aren't you, Princess?"

Denis frowned, "Don't call me that! I'm tough as fuck, I could beat you in a fight."

"Sure thing, Princess."

"I-"

"I'll tell you about myself then."

And they talked for a few hours about mindless stuff and deep stuff, and sad personal stuff that got a little too personal. But they were cut off by the ringing of Ben's phone.

"Ben, where the fuck are you?? We were meant to be at soundcheck 30 minutes ago!" He heard Cameron yell down the phone.

"Oops, I must have got side tracked." Ben grinned.

"Just make sure you get here soon." And with that, Cameron hung up.

Ben stood up, "I got to get going now, I've got soundcheck."

"Okay, tell me where it is and I'll drive you."

"Uh, no, the others hate you and your band, they'll kill you and me." Ben said, walking down the stairs, Denis trailing behind.

"Then how will you get there? I drove you here last night and you are not taking my car."

Ben sighed, "Fine. C'mon then, we got to leave now."

***

The car journey went by quite quickly. The two playing whatever CD Denis had in his car. They made small talk here and there, but for most the journey, it was in a content silence.

And it was almost shocking for the two, who, before last night, would've been at each others throats in a blind attempt to hurl insults towards each other. Yet, now they were sat in a comfortable silence after just sleeping together in the most non-sexual way possible. Well, Ben hoped non-sexual.

Denis pulled the car up outside the place. Ben went to get out and leave, only to have a hand grab his wrist and pull his arm closer towards them. Denis wrote, in a black pen, what looked like his own phone number in rushed hand writing.

"Have fun then," Denis smiled, nodding towards Ben, who stared back quite surprised.

Honestly, since last night, everything has been quite surprising.

"Yeah," Ben muttered, "Thanks."

Denis nodded again, "It's cool."

And Ben knew that he had to leave, go up and meet with his band before they get anymore pissed off at him, but, for some reason, he didn't want to leave. Maybe he was worried for whatever reason, that this was all a joke or a dream if he left the car. So, he put it off for a few moments, before he snapped out of it, and left. Praying that it wouldn't have been, he stepped out, shutting the door behind him.

A/N: hiii lmao i missed the bus to school so imma probably be bored bc my friends are at school and ill have no one to talk to. r.i.p me. so ill update this like 5 times today. im sorry.

alssooo, i just went headfirst (for halos. aayyy that mcr pun doe) into this fanfic yesterday and im regretting it bc i forgot to talk about like important stuff like where tf they are, what theyre doing, ect. so now im at this point where im like "should i just pretend that it was intentional, or should i try to fix it..." ugh.

anyway! thank you for reading bc like whyrureadingthisitstrashlmao