Prologue

* This is just a recap of the epilogue from the previous story so you're up to date with what was going on. If you didn't read Ghost Girl before this, I'd suggest you do because there will be some references to it. If you don't want to, that's fine as well :) ---  I do not own any of the characters, especially you. Hope you enjoy! *

Harlequin's POV

I blinked my eyes open, the air around me damp and musty. My eyes needed no adjusting because the place I was in was nearly pitch dark, the only light source coming from the entrance to my resting place. I attempted to sit up, pain screamed through my chest and I was forced back down.

"You're awake!" I heard a gentle and child-like voice from somewhere behind me. Where am I? How did I get here? I turned my head to the right to find a child, a giant girl. She had purple eyes and long, brown hair with bangs hanging on her forehead. "W-who are you?" I asked her, startled and worried. She gave me a gleaming smile, her face shown only kindness. "My name's Diane. I found you washed up a few feet from the river north of here."

The girl, Diane, then looked at me with curiosity. "What's your name?" she asked. My... name? "I.... uh, I don't know." I told her honestly. I remember nothing about where I came from, who I knew, or who I was. "Oh, okay." she paused, "I'm sure it'll come back to you soon. For now you should stay here, I can take care of you while you heal up." She offered in a sweet voice.

I really had no other choice, what was I supposed to do? Go home? Where was home? It's not like I'd remember anybody there anyways. "Okay, sure, thank you," I smiled at her. This was my home for now.