I expected him to charge up to me and pounce on me calling me his. But that's not what happened.

Instead he slowly walked over to me and as he walked over he shifted as he walked revealing his human form. His bronze bodice and marble hard chest. His massive arms built with pure muscle. His calloused hands and his chiseled chin and his sculpted cheeks. His black curly hair slightly glowing in the early afternoon sun. As he came closer he went lower going to his knees before me. I was slightly taken aback at his act of despair. Then I heard him sob. Not like full crying sobs but more of a dry heave. Like a long awaited sob. Mixed with sadness and pure relief and joy. I quickly dropped to my knees and moved my small hand to carefully cup his soft cheek as wiped the tear slightly running down it. He looked at me with his dark blue eyes that were glazed over by sorrows.

"Please do not cry." I said weakly.

"I cry no of sorrow. I cry because of all the joy of having you come back to me. Has overwhelmed me."

I didn't say anything. I just kneeled there my face to his. Just holding his cheek in my hand. He soon moved his cheek deep into my hand lightly grabbing my wrist and pulling it to his soft lips kissing my wrist ever so softly.

"My Lily. My sweet, sweet Lily. You've come home."

I pulled my hand away slightly and his eyes shone with confusion and worry.

"Who's Lily?" I asked with tears in my eyes.

"You. You are my beautiful Lily."

"No. My name is Ladybird."

"No!" he shouted." Your name is Lily! Those filthy vampires came and stole you away from me and fed you these lies!" He shouted

"I do not know what to believe." I said weakly not wanting to believe the last some what years of my life were all a lie along with my name.

"Believe your mate! Your one true love! Feel." he grabbed my hand and placed it on his marble hard chest." It has never beat with such joy. Until the moment I have found you once again."

I could feel the hot tears falling down from my eyes, and he quickly wiped them away from my glazed eyes.

"Shh." He whispered "Don't cry."

"You have nothing to too be sad about. Those filthy vampires took away the most valued person in my life, and all of her treasured memories. You probably don't even know my name anymore. Do you?"

I thought for a moment any knowing him as my mate. Not really knowing anything else. But then it hit me like a ton of bricks.

"Lucian?" I asked hesitantly and then he sighed in relief.

"Yes my beautiful Lily."

"My how Romulus will be surprised to see you." He sighed.

"Romulus!" I shouted remembering why I had come home.

"What about him?" He asked unpleasantly.

"There's something I need to tell him! It's urgent!"

"What?" He asked.

"It's about Tara."

"Who's Tara?" He asked with complete confusion. I had completely forgot that he had know idea who Tara was.

"She's his mate."

His eyes instantly blackened.

"Where is she?" He growled.

"She's been captured by....Dorian. I tried bringing her back. But I failed. I know Romulus will be so disappointed of my failure."

His eyes lightened a little but then darkened again.

"Lily. You tried Romulus will understand now come we must go."

Lucian ripped in a ferocious howl and started to shift into something I had never seen before.

I watched as his face become longer forming into the snout of a wolf. His eyes become pitch black. His ears elongate. His feet started to curl up into massive claws. But his back stayed perfectly straight. Almost like a human. I've only heard about these form of werewolf's through legends. How they were actually half man half wolf. But only the top three members of the pack were able to transform into this type of beast. Only the alpha. beta, omega. could do that when Lucian finished transforming.

"Lucian.: I breathed. "Are you Beta?"

He chuckled to deep chuckle from his wolf snout.

"Yes my dear Lily. I've gone up the ranks these past years and I'm perfectly fine with beta. God knows no one can defeat him." He chuckled again." Now come. We have to go save our future Luna." He said while picking me up in his granite arms.

"Lucian I can walk."

He looked down at me with the smallest sadness in his black eyes.

"Lily do you know how long I've waited to be able to carry you? To feel your soft, warm body in my arms? To hear the small beating of your warm heart? I've waited for so long Lily, and from now on I want you with me always. Lily. I will never let you go again."

My heart ached for him. I didn't even know how long I was gone from him. But he knew. He counted everyday awaiting for the day he could hold me again.

I snuggled myself deeper into his wolf chest and heard the beating of his big heart. As he carried us down to tell Romulus of the plan.

"Lucian."

"Yes?"

"I'm completely naked right now and we are heading down into a village full of men, women, and children."

He leaned down and whispered into my ear as we walked.

"Good. I want them to envy your beauty." He smirked as I gasped.