He picks the phone up and hands it to her.

"Joker, ano na, nakapagisip ka na ba kung anong gusto mo?" she asked, trying to remain calm.

"This is how it's going to go. I'll prove to you na mabait akong tao at wala akong intention na pumatay. I'm going to release one of the hostages."

It felt like light shining through a pitch black room. He was going to release someone. Now it was only a matter of negotiating so that it would be James.

"Thank you. Who did you have in mind?-" she was interrupted by a piece of paper that was placed in front of her. It said: Tell him to release the pregnant lady. " -we know na merong buntis dyan... baka naman-"

"NO!" he shouts, making her jump as the voice explodes through the speaker. "Ako ang mamimili!"

So she breathes out. Calm down. "Okay. Sige. Ikaw ang pumili."

"Hindi ko siya sasamahan palabas. Kailangan ko ng paramedic, kasi nagkaseizure siya."

She could feel her eyes grow wide. Someone needed medical attention. There was no way she was getting James out there first.

"Okay. We'll send a paramedic inside."

"So since naging mabait ako and I released one, kailangan may kapalit. Kailangan fair exchange.."

She looks at Eric for confirmation that they were going to proceed with bargaining. And he nods.

"Anong kailangan mo..."

"Isang van. Tinted. With gas enough to drive out of this town. In less than 20 minutes, dapat nandito na yan."

She looks at Eric again, for another go signal that they were going to grant his request. And surprisingly, he nods. Basically providing them means of escape.

"Okay, deal."

"That's a good girl. See, this is what I like about you. Not that hard to talk to. Hurry up and send that paramedic, the others here are starting to panic."

"Just promise me that you won't-"

And he hangs up. Immediately she turns around, frustrated that Eric actually agreed to him. "You're actually going to let them escape?"

"No. Ano ka ba. Pwede nating gamitin yun van. Pagnakalabas na sila, susundan natin..." he answered.

"He'd just kill everyone in the van, kung ganun!"

"What do you want me to do? He asked for it, so we give it to him and figure out how to save everyone else later! Kesa naman hayaang mo siyang pumatay ng pumatay.."

She was shaking her head as she asked the officer beside Eric. "Gaano katagal pa before the van arrives?"

"Mahigit 35 minutes pa... Matraffic.."

"Pero sabi niya 20.."

Eric shook his head. "Talk to him. Ask for an extension."

"He's not gonna extend it. He thinks siya na may hawak ng situation so kapag nagsuggest tayo baka magwala siya..."

"Then we have no choice. Get the team ready to close in on the bank-"

"You're seriously going to let your men walk in that bank without knowing where the civilians are and what the bank looks like? Wala tayong alam, maraming mapapahamak!"

Every plan of his was getting cut off by someone who doesn't even have a rank. And he was getting frustrated. "So what do you want me to do?! I don't see you thinking of anything..."